• New Japanese battleship sculpts means the two historical Yamato Class Battleships can have their own pieces.

I figured Japan starts with two.  They attack, defend, and bombard on a 5, fires twice in the first round, and takes 3 his to sink.  I’m not sure if Japan should be unable to build more, or they cost 24 IPCs, and all other battleships cost 18 IPCs.

• Wow!  That’s quite strong.

I think a 5 / 5 battleship with 2 hits would be fine, but adding a third hit and 2 first round dice is too powerful  I think.

• I always play Yamato like that, but they only get one to start, not two and the second must be built

5-5 with 3 hits and preemptive fire against all ships.

• the 5-5 comes from the Revised Most Powerful Battleships National Advantage for Japan.

The firing twice in the first round comes from a Revised Larry Harris Tournament Rule revision.  The NA was titled Naval Night Fighting Skills, yet only applied to the battleships.  Personally, I don’t think it was named well.  I simply fuse the two.

Also, I think most house rules I’ve seen give SBBs 3 hits.  I considered keeping it at 2 hits, but after I gave my supper carriers 2 hits, SBBs needed 3.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m