How would you use these dice??

• Since most of us use Attack! parts to outfit our AA games, the new ‘deluxe’ is coming out and these nifty dice are included. I suspect you can order them separately.

How would you allocate them? Perhaps to decide which defending unit gets hit or what?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/496850?size=original

also take a look at these parts and allocate them for AA50
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/493142

• i dont really know, it seems like thier is one side for the carrier, one for the battleship, destoyer and sub, plus two blanks.

• The chips are easy.  Place the seasons chips next to the mobilization zone, or on the battle board, or somewhere visible to signify the changing season.  The top chip looks like an oil field, so place those on spaces you want to have oil fields, and adjust house rules accordingly.  You could even SBR the oil fields and place damage counter on top of those chips to signify damage.

Use the dice as special sub dice for convoy zones.  In order for a sub to disrupt shipping for that turn, you must “raise you periscope” to see if there are any enemy ships.  You role the dice to see what ship you see.  A blank sided role means nothing but open blue sea, and you are free to disrupt supply.  If you land on say, a carrier, an enemy carrier appears on the board (not signified by a piece)  you can chose to engage it, or retreat.  Engaging it requires battle to be resolved as normal.  A loss results in a destroyed sub.  A win means you are free to disrupt shipping for that turn.  A retreat means no battle, and you cannot disrupt for that turn.

• You role the dice to see what ship you see.  A blank sided role means nothing but open blue sea, and you are free to disrupt supply.  If you land on say, a carrier, an enemy carrier appears on the board (not signified by a piece)  you can chose to engage it, or retreat.  Engaging it requires battle to be resolved as normal.  A loss results in a destroyed sub.  A win means you are free to disrupt shipping for that turn.  A retreat means no battle, and you cannot disrupt for that turn.

hmmm…

• you should probably count one the blank sides as a cruiser, maybe w/ a sticker or something.  I’m sure a local hobbies and crafts store would sell letter stickers, and you could just place a c on that side, or maybe paint a cruiser on it, or something.

• i dare say it would overcomplicate the game to use those dice, though I’m guessing it’s their version of the Guadalcanal dice box.

i think you’d have to re-write the AA naval rules to use them properly, or it’ll have the feel of being too disjointed.

on a side note, $25 bucks for a box, rules, “mats” and dice?  for attack….?    really!?    and who doesn’t want to pay 20 for the new AA42 pieces?    dang…  and they aren’t even resculpts, that’s why they aren’t in the web-only update kit…  and apparently the boards are still the originals too…

• Attack! pieces are a joke and a half. I would only buy the dice if FRED sold them separately (fred is the name of the company)

• @Imperious:

Attack! pieces are a joke and a half. I would only buy the dice if FRED sold them separately (fred is the name of the company)

…… :?  Then why was this even an issue?  Just for kicks?

• sounds like you can only buy them with the webkit now, whole deluxe kit is apparently sold out… but whole thing oughta just be passed on…

• FRED will sell the dice separately. I would never waste any more money on anything made by them in terms of a complete game. Those pieces are like gummy bears. Horrible

• Mmm…gummy bears…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m