• Heavy and medium bombers should have the same attack values against land targets. Mediums and tactical take out armor, and Heavy are strategic carpet bombers and are doing different jobs. Just have them at the same values 4. The only difference is in Payload and the telling mark is for SBR, and longer range ( 2 spaces more for Hvy)

just keep them the same with minor changes for the extra 3 IPC spent ( 2 MP and choose which die to effect enemy industry)

Also, heavy bombers fly at higher ranges so possibly they are immune to flak fire.

Lastly, on air combat values jets rank at 4 for dogfights ( forgot to add)

• sounds good

• For me, a “light bomber” would a fighter equipped as a dive bomber/fighter bomber.  For this, I use the “Luftwaffe Dive Bomber” NA (both standard and Larry Harris Tournament Rules) and simply make it standard.  When enemy fighters aren’t present, a fighter may act as a dive bomber.  It attacks on a 5 in 1st round, or can strategic bomb for half a dice value.

Med bomb OOB

Heavy Bomber 4-2-6-15

I don’t agree that a bigger plane would…or maybe it would have better range?  Okay, say a HB has a base range of 8, does long range make it 10?  That’s too much for me.  That’s like a Cold War Age nuclear bomber.   
    Anyway, hits on best out of 2 dice, strategic bombing damage is highest dice +1.

• FMG is making a divebomber/torpedo bomber. ( possible 3-2 plane cost 8?)

the OOB is medium

Heavy is the tech bomber  (possible 4-2 move 8 cost 15)

• They are?  Each power gets a dive/torpedo bomber?  When was this announced?…How long was I away?

• Nope, I checked the thread. and I could see no FMG “Fighter/Bomber”.  Now, if what you mean is that a new fighter sculpt will allow us to use the old crappy sculpts as navel fighters or dive bombers, then yes, I understand.  Perhaps I shall do the same.

• yes thats what i mean. The new replacement fighter in each case must be a divebomber/torpedo bomber plane. The new AA42 game will have a new Me-109 or Yak or whatever…so FMG does not need to replicate the same damm pieces as Avalon Hill or it does not give the public the need to buy these new pieces, because for $30 bucks you get a set that included a GAME.

so its not announced but in terms of choices you would want a different type of new plane so as not to just add the same thing as AH.

This is why its so important to see what the new AA42 game will actually look like before working on sculpts that are the main forces for each player.

Italy is exempted because AH is not doing them in AA42. The new pieces like Halftracks are good to go as well

• Perhaps that elusive transport plane will be a possibility.

• I think we need clarification from FMG before we get too far ahead of ourselves.

This talk sounds like 2004-5 at harris game design about Advanced Axis and Allies or Deluxe which never happened.

• kinda takes you back, doesn’t it?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m