• @Funcioneta:

Designers failed to put any historical realism. There was no way of China utterly collapsing December 1941. There was no way of italians building 3-5 times more inf divisions than China. There was no way of jap tanks blitzing merrily by non-industrial  :-P mountain zones of China. China attacked Burma in real war but they cannot do it in AA50 for some hidden reason. China surely had at least some artillery in real war (some elite KMT and commie units), not a chance in AA50. China is anything you think, but not historical in AA50: buggy, a gift/puppet/boost for Japan, not playable …

Good points here by Func (but I don’t agree with the last two words - “not playable”)  China is an improvement on previous A&A installations, however.  And it is further improved in the 1940 game(s).  China can now occupy Burma, and can build artillery in some instances, and has IPC’s on hand.  I guess, just look at China in AA50 as a step in the right direction (way more territories, can build without an IC) and 1940 is another step in the right direction.  They’re getting there….

• Necromnacy here!  :lol:

Well, this was for AA50, of course, and China simply is not playable in AA50 unless Japan wants  :wink:

Of course, in AAP40 the thing got a great boost and finally China aids to allies instead of aiding Japan as did in AA50

• @Funcioneta:

Necromnacy here!  :lol:

Well, this was for AA50, of course, and China simply is not playable in AA50 unless Japan wants  :wink:

Of course, in AAP40 the thing got a great boost and finally China aids to allies instead of aiding Japan as did in AA50

Hmmm, what to resurrect next….

Well, if you think 1940 is an improvement for China, then it must indeed be an improvement.  I’m afraid it will still prove too easy for Japan to conquer in the global game, and will probably still be the preferred road to Moscow.  Speaking of which, I doubt I’ll play 1940 as a stand along game once the European one comes out - it will be global game, all the time!  8-)

• If China ever captures a factory as per my house rules, it gets a free artilery there in its place units phase

• @Krieghund:

An IC in a Chinese territory doesn’t count as a “Chinese unit” for purposes of restricting Chinese reinforcement placement.  While China does control the IC, it can’t use it, so it’s not a “unit” as far as China is concerned.

@Veqryn:

I believe Manchuria would go to Germany if Germany liberates it from the Chinese.

Correct, though actually Germany would be capturing it, not liberating it.

I actually has something like this happen. Russia had been overrun and an italian tank took manchuria. I asked and the territory went to italy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m