What do you think of General George S. Patton?

• What do you think of General George S. Patton?

• “My men can eat their belts, but my tanks need gas!”

As a posthumanist i adore this quote as it shows even in the 40’s there were things more important than humans

if the man had any flaws it was that he was a romantic and to often said stuff that was considered politcally incorrect(as anyone who has seen the movie knows)

• He was an excellent general but he did some things I didn’t like.  He slapped 2 U.S. G.I.s.

• @Historybuff:

He was an excellent general but he did some things I didn’t like.  He slapped 2 U.S. G.I.s.

Of course he did, they gave him no other choice. They was in hospital. Soldiers dont belong in hospitals. Real soldiers fight or die. Real soldiers dont say, - Ohh I am sick today, so I cant kill anybody. Now if I was Patton I would have slapped their butts and used my knee on their face too, just as they deserved.

• @Adlertag:

@Historybuff:

He was an excellent general but he did some things I didn’t like.  He slapped 2 U.S. G.I.s.

Of course he did, they gave him no other choice. They was in hospital. Soldiers dont belong in hospitals. Real soldiers fight or die. Real soldiers dont say, - Ohh I am sick today, so I cant kill anybody. Now if I was Patton I would have slapped their butts and used my knee on their face too, just as they deserved.

Well if he was a real General, he wouldn’t have been in the hospital.

• Well Jermofoot you are wrong! Because he was in the hospital to visit his wounded and care for them and to give them awards (the purple heart).

• He was right man for job.  He not Christ.  He not Satan.  He is a man who do great job commanding many men to defeat terrible enemy.

• along side w. captain sir basil liddll hardt, fuller, hobart, de gaulle, manstein, erwin rommel and guderian he was one of those people who saw the signs of their time!…
    tanks are the most important instruments and need to be supported and not the other way around!!..
    for a man comming from a cavalry unit and exchanged the old tradition for tanks and performing good blitzkriegs skills, I would say he was one of the best american generals ever in that time…who understood the principals…    8-)

• @Jermofoot:

@Adlertag:

@Historybuff:

well your wrong. because your saying that only good generals do not care for their men but i protest. Because Gen. Patton cared for his men because he was going to check on them and give them medals (like purple heart). Well good for you that you think generals are horable if they dont care for there men

• @zerohour49:

@Jermofoot:

@Adlertag:

@Historybuff:

well your wrong. because your saying that only good generals do not care for their men but i protest. Because Gen. Patton cared for his men because he was going to check on them and give them medals (like purple heart). Well good for you that you think generals are horable if they dont care for there men

So wrong you had to tell me twice, huh?

Well, all I know is that you going around slapping people, especially your own soldiers, you’re a POS.

He was a fine general, but a worthless man.

• @Jermofoot:

@zerohour49:

@Jermofoot:

@Adlertag:

@Historybuff:

Well, all I know is that you going around slapping people, especially your own soldiers, you’re a POS.

lol I see the problem you know nothing of him or ww2. Well what you need to do is watch Patton 360 on history channel and learn more of ww2 and generals lol that ok. Sorry, I didnt know that you knew nothing of ww2 history or patton

• @zerohour49:

@Jermofoot:

@zerohour49:

@Jermofoot:

@Adlertag:

@Historybuff:

lol I see the problem you know nothing of him or ww2. Well what you need to do is watch Patton 360 on history channel and learn more of ww2 and generals lol that ok. Sorry, I didnt know that you knew nothing of ww2 history or patton

I don’t think you understood me.  You definitely don’t know what I’m ignorant about, regardless.  I’ve been to his museum, if you really want to know.

• @Jermofoot:

@zerohour49:

@Jermofoot:

@zerohour49:

@Jermofoot:

@Adlertag:

@Historybuff:

I don’t think you understood me.  You definitely don’t know what I’m ignorant about, regardless.  I’ve been to his museum, if you really want to know.

AWESOME!! I have been to his museam also! trust me man i know alot about ww2 and people in it
    :)

• okay jeremfoot and zerohour

here is the big question and then we might know who knows a little bit about WW II.

what is “DIVISION BRANDENBURG” and who was their former creator?

• look. I never said i know more than him but im sure he knows alot about it and so do i. I have studied ww2 since i was in 3rd grade. I love it. He may know more than me idk lol. but who cares basicaly he thinks Patton was not a good general and he thinks he was a wortheless man. Well that ludicrous. I am just in defence ,but if he believes Patton was so bad then why dont he prove it to me.

• It’s not wise to judge a persons character based on one incident.

• @zerohour49:

look. I never said i know more than him but im sure he knows alot about it and so do i. I have studied ww2 since i was in 3rd grade. I love it. He may know more than me idk lol. but who cares basicaly he thinks Patton was not a good general and he thinks he was a wortheless man. Well that ludicrous. I am just in defence ,but if he believes Patton was so bad then why dont he prove it to me.

I in fact said that he was a good general.  Just crap like that makes you less than a man (the slapping thing).

@Subotai:

It’s not wise to judge a persons character based on one incident.

True, but there was no excuse for it.  The only adult males that slap people are either pimps or rednecks.

• look both of you !!!
    if your were caught stealing from a comrade, leave your watch, flee from the flag,said bad things about the fuehrer or said anything like -ohh we not gonna win the war or else in the wehrmacht you would have been either send to a “strafbatallion” for punishment or shot…
    what I’m trying to say is you swore an oath you’re a soldier, you have diziplin and you are there for your comrads…I don’t know much about  it was in the U.S military in that time for doing one of these things I mentioned above ,but the soldiers in the wehrmacht were in deep trouble!!!..If they had bad luck they were send to SS Dirlewangers punishment batillion to clean the area of partisans and they usually had 80-90% of losses each time when they had to go for a seek and destroy mission…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS-Sturmbrigade_Dirlewanger

• But this soldier didn’t steal or do anything wrong.  He was in the med center because he was sick.  Malaria.

Are you saying he should have really been subjected to Nazi whim instead?

• @Jermofoot:

The only adult males that slap people are either pimps or rednecks.

what does being an adult male have to do with not slapping people. did you slap people when you were a kid

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m