• I’ve seen older posts referencing North African Dominance as a viable strategy. As someone who hasn’t played with or against it, is the short version of this to continue sending the Americans into Africa even after Germany is kicked out and then advancing to Caucuses/India?

I’d like to know the details of this. The supply lines sound ridiculously long but it doesn’t take that many transports or very long to set up. Is there more to this strategy? I’d like to know more of the USA’s options. They have quite a bit of flexibility to where precisely they focus - Africa, the Med, the Baltic, Karelia/Archangel, the Pacific, etc.

As far as the Axis response to North African Dominance, my favorite by far is the North American Dominance  :mrgreen:

• The supply lines don’t sound too bad.  Remember, you can transport directly to Caucasus.  It sounds like a method of supporting Russia directly via Mediterranean dominance.

• @AThousandYoung:

The supply lines don’t sound too bad.  Remember, you can transport directly to Caucasus.  It sounds like a method of supporting Russia directly via Mediterranean dominance.

I think you misunderstand me. It would require a 3x3 or 4x4 in the med to go directly to Caucuses. The supply line thing is because they would be walking through Africa/Middle East because there would only be 4-5 transports dropping off from Canada then directly on Algeria and then repeating. The version you are thinking of is drop off on Algeria, walk to Libya, and then shuck from Libya.

• '16 '15 '10

Well if your plan is to drop infantry in Algeria and then have them walk all the way to Persia, then its not a good one.  Might work against a weak Axis though.

• I didn’t think it was that good if it was just walking either. I’ve heard mention of NAD but didn’t understand how it worked. Walking from Algeria was my best guess. The only way I could see that working is with NA’s and mech infantry.

• I see this in games.  Germany problem is United States transport fleet in Sea Zone 12 not only move unit Eastern Canada to Algeria, it also can attack Southern Europe or Western Europe.  This make Germany defend Western Europe and Southern Europe against landing force of 8 or more land unit and keep Germany from attacking Russia strong.

• It’s my preferred strategy for the US. I mainly do it to make sure Africa is secured and to limit Japan’s growth.

You keep making drops and building up your trannies. Eventually you can enter med with a tranny fleet, meaning you can start making drops anywhere in the med.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m