• Does anyone know the time scale represented by each turn in DDay?  I figure the units are brigades or regiments.

Thanks.

• I always kinda figured it was anywhere from 6 to 12 hours
    But there’s a good chance someone is gonna correct me :wink:

• Like most of the ‘scales’ in A&A I’m going to say fluid.  :|

I tend to think it expands and compresses a bit and is never a hard and fast time frame.

If you get to enamored of scale when dealing with A&A you’re going to get headaches.  :lol:

• I’m in the process of playing this neat game and as we approach that glorious day in June (65 years ago :) )…it got me thinking about OOB’s, time scales and reinforcement charts etc. which I want to validate what the game implements against other 3rd party sources (I have several good texts about DDay).  I just need an approximation for the time scale as a frame of reference.

• It has been awhile since i played D-Day but if i remember the allies victory condition is take St. Lo, Cherbourg and Caen within 10 turns

The invasion starts June 6th and operation Goodwood gives the allies solid control of all three of those cities by July 18th.
    There are thrity days in june so 30-6=24, 24 +18= 42.  42/10 is 4 and 1/5th.

Each turn in A&A D-Day represents 4 and 1/5th days

• @Emperor_Taiki:

It has been awhile since i played D-Day but if i remember the allies victory condition is take St. Lo, Cherbourg and Caen within 10 turns

The invasion starts June 6th and operation Goodwood gives the allies solid control of all three of those cities by July 18th.

And there’s the correction  :lol:

• @bbrett3:

@Emperor_Taiki:

It has been awhile since i played D-Day but if i remember the allies victory condition is take St. Lo, Cherbourg and Caen within 10 turns

And there’s the correction  :lol:

happy to :-D

• @Emperor_Taiki:

This is as good an answer as any.

But…

There is the whole part of the Axis opposing the actual landing of troops by firing on units still at sea for more than one turn and even having pillboxes for more than one turn.

I’m sticking with fluid but also going with the caveat that Taiki has provided the general time frame of the ‘battle.’ i.e. Each turn is maybe more and maybe less than 4-1/5 days but turn 10 is July 18th.

• Thanks guys…OK I’ll go with the 4 day approximation.  Does anyone know where I can get a graphic file of the game mapboard that I can use to overlay the historical OOB and unit movement info?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m