How will AA42 promote a Pacific Theater?

• …back to the pacific theater thoughts…

here’s a thought some guys in our group were kicking around to enhance the play in the pacific theater, why not zoom the Euro theater in more.  instead of all of france being 1 territory, why not 2 or 3, 2 for belgium, 3 for germany.  if it takes longer to get to germany than it does to japan, japan might be a more interesting target.
      certainly things like the value of territories and proportional amounts of hardware would have to be examined, but in principle it could reverse the normal tendency to see Europe as the quicker way to victory.
      on a revised size map this might make this look way outta proportion, though really we could lose SAmerica anyway, i mean heck, if they left out my nazi sub base in Antarctica, might as well drop brazil too, for play sake.
      anyway, different direction on promoting pacific play, so i thought i’d toss it in…

• @LuckyDay:

i mean heck, if they left out my nazi sub base in Antarctica, might as well drop brazil too, for play sake.

Kill Antarctica First! LOL!  :lol:

• Customizer

Something else I’ve been pushing for for years is a wider Atlantic ocean. Make it a minimum two turn hop over the pond and the Germans might just have a realistic chance of stopping the US from pumping in troops here, and perhaps force them to think about a Pacific assault.
    Making subs cheaper might have helped, but then anything that delays the Axis from moving maximum units to Caucasus/Moscow ASAP seems pure folly… that damned capture the capital rule really does narrow down the options when playing to win at all costs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m