• '10

If you give the trucks the ability to transport men 2 spaces the cost must go up at least 1-2 IPC.

here is a new idea:

trucks:  considered like land transports and if attacked are removed and cant be soakers…

during NCM they can transport 2 infantry or 1 infantry and one Artillery TWO SPACES if they start in the same space.

the cost of these units is 4 IPC and again they dont attack or defend.

I’m still unsure if I would want to add trucks into the game.  But if I did, I would go the way IL suggested.

• '10

your wrong, not one truck in the whole history of World War Two transported infantry or supplies single handedly a thousand miles. If you have ever looked at a map of Europe or the Pacific ocean this would be pretty obvious. Certainly you dont think their were trucks driving from the Factories in the Urals to the Kursk salient! All strategic movement of land units was done by trains.

Actually the Allies did use trucks for strategic movement of personnel and supplies.  It was called the Red Ball Express.  Thousands of trucks delivered tons of supplies and soldiers to the front line from Normandy, Antwerp and other ports after D-Day.  The majority of truck drivers were American-Africans.

• just doing some reading on the battle of Kursk, and found that because of the Allied landings in Sicily during the Kursk battle, Hitler gave orders to end Citadel and began sending units (ie trucks) to Italy, and immediately planning on going as close to Sicily as possible.  Sicily being 2,000 miles away from Kursk, in one direction.  so we do have trucks that accomplished the 1000 mile travel.
      However, it was norm for trucks to travel 1500 miles, then fight, then pack up and do it again 1000 miles away.

• '10

We have decided to include trucks in the new unit scheme.  Use them if you like them, forget them if you don’t.

I have never used them in any game but Bulge…  Could be an interesting addition to a huge game like AA50 though?

• well you talking halftracks? If you making them AND trucks. The opel should be the choice for German and italian and the UK, USA, and Soviets should all have that one we have in AA bulge. Japan should have its own

• '10

@Imperious:

well you talking halftracks? If you making them AND trucks. The opel should be the choice for German and italian and the UK, USA, and Soviets should all have that one we have in AA bulge. Japan should have its own

Yes we will include Trucks AND Halftracks…  :wink:

• ok thats great. But in case nobody said this the scale MUST be in true AA scale…. the new pieces must be compatible with what we have. THat was the key thing missed when Pegasus hobbies made the War Game, because the pieces were huge

• '10

Exact to scale… better detail, more numerous.  But now I have digressed this thread from it’s original topic (Sorry)

Back to Trucks and Truck rules…

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Exact to scale… better detail, more numerous.  But now I have digressed this thread from it’s original topic (Sorry)

no worries on that, sweetness are thy words!  and a +1 for it all!  (121)

• Maybe trucks coluld be an off board abtraction of the overall motorization of your army. Right next to your tech chips you would put the trucks you have purchased. Each truck costs 12 IPCs and allows you to make addtional attacks after your first combat phase. Each truck allows you to attack again with 3 infantry/artllery or 5 tanks/fighters/bombers even if these units have already battled. For the second attack tanks have a movement of 1 and aircraft of 3.You do not lose the trucks each time you use them and you can buy more of them each turn. You do lose one  truck for battles in the second attack phase for every 5 units the enemy kills, but only if you lose the battle.

I think 12 IPC’s is pretty costly, but that is becasue it is a special investment and is not neccisarily purchased every game by every country.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m