• In The Force Unleashed videogame one level has you going after an Imperial Officer who is a hunter. His trophy room has a Gungan (Jar-Jar?) encased in carbonite on his wall.

• Come on now, everybody loves Jar-Jar! :-D
    Remember he proposed to the Senate to give the Supreme Chancelor emergency powers. Palpatine needed his puppet to get the ball rolling. :lol:
    He should have been eaten by the Goober fish in EP1.
    Actually it is funny in EP1 when Obewan is talking to Jar-Jar and he is looking at the top of his head instead of his face. Acting in front of a blue screen can be fun at times.
    The uproar over JJ after EP1 was so huge that GL had to rewrite EP2 and 3 to remove a lot of scenes with him.

I actually really like Flashman’s idea about Luke become the new Emperor, that woudl be a good twist. :evil:

• Jar Jar didn’t really bother me.  I didn’t understand all the hub bub around him.  He was comedic relief and wasn’t far off from C-3PO, Ewoks, etc. and probably could be seen as an amalgamation of all of them.  Besides, I figured in the entire Star Wars GALAXY, there had to be an annoying alien species out there…

• My biggest problem is the leap of faith it takes to believe that humans can breathe normally on all planets.  Speaking of planets, how could they fight on Mustafar without getting, er, a little singed?
    Second place would be the lack of language barriers.  I guess English is the language of the entire Universe.

• Who is your favorite Sith? I like Count Dukoo.

• Customizer

Axis and Allies - Star Wars edition!

Battle of Endor! See an army of 3 ft Teddy Bears armed with sticks and stones defeat an entire corps of crack Imperial Stormtroopers and killer droids for 1 casualty!

• 2007 AAR League

@Uberlager:

The only thing that I took issue with regarding Episodes I, II, and III is that they were crappy movies not in keeping with the feel of IV, V, and VI.

exactly my feelings as well.

• @ABWorsham:

Who is your favorite Sith? I like Count Dukoo.

In the movies I would have to agree that Dukoo is the coolest Sith, but in the books I would have to say Darth Bane is my favorite because he was the master of deception. :evil:

• @Flashman:

Battle of Endor! See an army of 3 ft Teddy Bears armed with sticks and stones defeat an entire corps of crack Imperial Stormtroopers and killer droids for 1 casualty!

I metioned before that an Axis and Allies post apocalyse would be cool, Star Wars version could be cool if done correctly.  8-)
    I always thought that the Ewoks beating the Stormtroopers in EP3 was ridiculous, but it is good for a laugh.
    EP3 is still a good movie because of the beginning at Jaba’s palace, and because of the final show down between Luke and Vader (and the Emperor) at the end. :-)

• @ABWorsham:

Who is your favorite Sith? I like Count Dukoo.

Maul, by far. I don’t know enough about the expanded universe to say anyone else.

@Flashman:

Those Stormtroopers were terrible shots to begin with, so it’s only natural for them to succumb to a smaller target.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I have found, in general (ok, in regards to Risk) that the movie variations of the games really, REALLY suck!

I don’t know, I think it’s really the zones/territories on the map, not really the rules, etc.  I mean SW: Risk was like a ball….vs real Risk being continents.  It’s got more strategy involved in real risk was my impression.

If they did a SW Axis and Allies, I would highly recommend making a map of 5 or 6 planets (maybe 7 planets, odd numbers seem to look more natural to me) with multiple zones and connecting lines so that armies could walk between certain planets. (maybe make it a space bridge or something.  You know, like Risk where you can get from Asia to North America if you have the connecting points.)

• @Cmdr:

If they did a SW Axis and Allies, I would highly recommend making a map of 5 or 6 planets (maybe 7 planets, odd numbers seem to look more natural to me) with multiple zones and connecting lines so that armies could walk between certain planets. (maybe make it a space bridge or something.  You know, like Risk where you can get from Asia to North America if you have the connecting points.)

I don’t think I like the idea of a spacebridge.  I think that transports are a must to get from one place to another.  Maybe you could develop a tech for making a spacebridge if you occupy two adjacent worlds.

LT

• I’ve only played SW Risk once, and I enjoyed it, but it has a snap decision that reveals the outcome of the game in just a few minutes.  Depending on the when Order 66 is called, and how many territories turn, shows how the game will end.  So it’s just a waiting game followed by a dice roll, which sucks, but I like all the extras with it.

• @Flashman:

Overdue +1 karma for you. :-D

• @frimmel:

@Panzer:

Thanks frimmel, I will see if I can locate them to check out. 8-)

Those books really establish the whole Extended Universe of Star Wars and pretty much any of the novels set after Ep. VI with Luke and company is established with those books. I know my local library has them and they are usually still available in the ‘Star Wars’ section of Walden’s and so on.

Frankly I think that whole section of those stores really owes its existence to the Zahn Books.

Careful with the Amazon link, the blurbs have spoilerish info.

Overdue + 1 karma for you. :-D

• Can you give others unlimited karma?  This is like the 10th post that Panzer Leader has given +1 karma today?  Is that why some people have +1000 karma and some have -1000 karma.  Couldn’t you give yourself + karma to offset - karma?

Are we talking about Star Wars movies or also the books?  I cried when Chewie died…

@Panzer:

@Flashman:

Overdue +1 karma for you. :-D

• You can give +1 unlimited as long as you are giving to different people.  You can’t repeat a karma action on the same person within 8 hours.

• Yeah I just got to 100 posts and wanted to dish out all promised karma’s this morning and found out that only one karma per 8 hours per person. I thought I would actually advise the person instead of an unknown + appearing for the first time.

• Thanks for the information!  +1 karma to everyone!!!  When I get there.

Hey I got my first -1 karma, cool!!!  Yin and Yang, balance!

• You’re welcome (for the -1)  :lol:
    You got it for asking these Karma questions when you’re only 12 posts away from finding out anyway.  Plus, it’s never good to be squeaky clean (-0), so you’re welcome.  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m