• @frimmel:

@Brain:

I think one of them is Carrie, but who is the other?

Likely a body or stunt double or other various stand in type person.

It’s exactly this.

• Typical '80’s, everyone was trying to get skin cancer in the name of vanity.

• @Brain:

Typical '80’s, everyone was trying to get skin cancer in the name of vanity.

Man, it’s worse these days.  They can’t even bother to use the actual sun.

• @Jermofoot:

@Brain:

Typical '80’s, everyone was trying to get skin cancer in the name of vanity.

Man, it’s worse these days.  They can’t even bother to use the actual sun.

I guess they all want to look like raisins before their time.

• I know this is threadomancy, but I’m new so its okay. :-P

I can’t stand how they killed off the Super Star Destroyer in Jedi. Lets just say that the 1 in a million shot of a pilot getting shot down and happening to crash into the bridge and get past the shields is all perfectly feasible and acceptable. Admiral Piette dies, the ship should be out of commission for a while, but it certainly wouldn’t be that catastrophic. I imagine on a ship that size (10km long!) they would have a backup bridge somewhere. I know in Star Trek, (I know, SW thread), the Enterprise has a secondary bridge. Its just common sense I’d imagine. If only 1 ship in the whole entre star wars galaxy had a second bridge it would be the executor.

Then not only does it suffer a catasrophic failure, but it “goes down”. wtf? Okay, I’ll bite again, Endor is pretty close, the thing could have been in orbit, close enough to be pulled into the atmosphere. Okay, Endor is a Forest MOON. IF it is a moon then and the ship is subject to a gravitational pull, shouldn’t the executor crash into the planet that endor orbits… Or should it hit the moon? Nooo, it hits the moon that is orbiting the moon, the death star. How did it hit it anyways? When the A-wing flew into the bridge the executor was with the rest of the fleet helping to contain the rebels, it was sooo far away from teh death star…

grr… That one just bugs me. You really have to suspend your belief like 10 separate times for that to pull off. It should have just gone adrift while they figured out who the new comanding officer was and they repaird the damage and then made way again.

There are a million others, but that one is just salt in the wound. Talk about luck, the rebels make 1 in a million shots in like every movie…Lol, meanwhile the stormtroopers can’t hit the broad side of a sandcrawler… well except that one time that they did.  :lol:

• Please one question at a time young Jedi apprentice.
    I am sure all the Jedi masters here can answer your questions.
    Which question did you want answered first?

• Why did Anakin spend more time with Senator Palpatine and Obi Wan than his smoking hot (older) wife?

• Jedi business.
    He took his job seriously.
    And his need for adventure was always greater than his need for women, although his need for women (his mom, and Amidala) was also very great.

Unfortunately for Anakin, he thought the two could mix - that was his whole problem.
    He bought the lie from Palpatine that being an ultra-powerful Sith would save his smoking hot wife.

So the rest of his life, he got his #1 love, which was power, ability, and adventure, at the expense of his #2 priority, women, and #3 priority, being a “good guy”.

• @Jermofoot:

Why did Anakin spend more time with Senator Palpatine and Obi Wan than his smoking hot (older) wife?

That is a very good question. I would say that part is just not in the movie. She did get pregnant after all, so there must have been some time for…
    Maybe he uses the old Jedi mind trick! I think any Jedi would.
    This is the best you have ever had! You are now going to…!

Well you get the idea! :lol:

• The novelization of the third movie was much better than the actual movie itself. All three of the prequels should have been scrapped or redone….That being said here my quirks…

The SSD Executor crashing into the Death Star…cmon there had to be a back up bridge or cic…

The whole “What I told you was true, from a certain point of view” line

Millions of dollars (credits) worth of military equipment destroyed by vines, logs, teddy bears, and harpoons and tow cables.

The change of Darth Vader’s line in the updated version of ESB- “alert my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival, provide fan fare and a fresh pot of coffeee…” ok made the last part up…

The silly Jabba dance scene…lame…

Last point two star wars recoomendations- Robot Chicken’s poke at Star Wars and Star Wars Episode Three The Lost Hope…

Hayden Christianson dubbed over the original ghost of Anakin in updated ROTJ.

Remove all Star Wars Novels starting with Vector Prime all the way to the most recent ones.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m