• Hi, just want to know somthing about my g1 first turn that gone terribly wrong after russian turn. I know that i did have some bad luck…when i mean bad luck…

I’ve send : 2 inf 2 art 2 tank + cruiser support on baltic states = 1 inf dead

-2 inf and 1 plane on east poland = 1 inf left

• 3 inf 1 art 3 tank in ukraine = 1inf 1 art and 3 tanks left

1 sub and 1 plane on the dd in SZ 6 = he did destroyed me evrything…
    2 sub 2 planes on Sz 12 = 1 sub left for me
    took egypt with evrything that can reach = 1 tank left for me, got egypt

THE FACT is, some one tell me if something is wrong in that but when the russian player played, he did counter me with sucess in baltic with : 7 inf 1 art = i killed only 2 guys. And in Ukrain with 5 inf and 1 tank = i killed 2 inf again.

So the fact is, russian killed me first turn with the odds against him…is this pure luck or i did a mistake?

Need some thoughts for the russian front first turn with germany…how to split the army…

If the russian was me…i would be afraid to attack those places

• There are two enemies for you to destroy, and two main schools of thought on how to do it.

Against Russia you can aim for one of two things, a G2 Kar in force, or the triple threat.  For the Kar in force you send many armor, usually 3-4, into Baltic along with all but 1 inf that can reach.  You take E Poland with 2 inf and 2-3 arm, and send 2 inf, 1 art, 1 fig at Ukraine.  Now this is risky but after moving all inf into Finland sets up for a huge attack on Karelia and Russia cannot block it.  The triple threat consists of sending 5-6 armor against east Poland with an inf or two and taking Baltic/Ukraine with the remainder, typically followed with an inf/art sent to Finland or Baltic depending.  Now both styles have there own advantages/disadvantages, going hard for Kar allows you to hit Kar with alot of inf for a nice stack.  The triple threat allows you to threaten a can opener with Italy to threaten Moscow, Kar, and Caucaus on G3 and gives you more flexibility, but you probably wont get Karelia on G2 and will loose alot of inf if Russia counters somewhere hard.

Your second enemy, the UK.  You have two theaters to fight them in, Africa and there navy.  Also, to safeguard the Italian fleet you need to either sink a boat in SZ 12, or take Egypt.  My preferred open against them is to move 1 inf, 1 arm, or even 2 inf from France into Libya, and move 1 arm from Libya to Algeria.  I do not attack Egypt, some attack egypt will everything that can reach and the bomber, some do not.  I then send 1 sub 1and 1 bomb against the UK destroyer/transport, and send 2 figs 1 sub against the SZ 12 fleet, as well as the cruiser and a fig against the DD, sometimes using the sub, sometimes not, this frees 1 fig for use against Russia as well.  At the end of my turn the bomber land in Algeria along with 1 fig, if the other fig survived it goes to France typically.  What usually happens on the UK’s turn is they flee Egypt, allowing italy to take Egypt with 2 inf, and land in Gibraltar.  Also, your bomber in Algeria forces the US to build boats to defend any trannies they build.

Now most people would tell you to send 1 sub, 1 fig, 1 bomber vs the battleship/transport, and 1 sub, 2 fig against the DD/cruiser in SZ 12, and 1 sub, 1 fig, and/or cruiser against the destroyer and hit egypt will transported units plus Libya units to weaken the UK for Italy to follow up.  The other school of thought would tell you to send 2 subs, 1 fig against the battleship/transport and send the bomber to Egypt, then either sending 2 figs against the fleet in SZ 12 or ignoring it.  It really is up to you though as all these options have there advantages / disadvantages.

• '16 '15 '10

My problem with not doing Egypt is it seems like a longshot to ever blitz Africa if I don’t (unless Japan can get it later).  Plus UK can stack Jordan, which costs Italy its 2nd NO.

Take Gibraltar?  Maybe sometimes but it seems risky if the UK navy is in range as knocking out that fleet UK2 would be a big win for the Allies.

• Usually it will knock the UK fleet out of position though, and open it up to Ger air normally, but not always it depends on the situation.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m