• Obviously any unbalance can be solved with a bid, even if the bid rules restrictions are 1 unit pr.TT. and no mixing of nationalities in the unit placements, like Russian units in Persia etc.

If anyone claims a very big advantage for either side, like 20 ipc or more is needed, then I strongly suggest that you play against me in a TripleA live game, no tech, NOs, ADS or LL.

• I still disagree.  It is very possible when going KGF to get russia’s 2nd NO by turn 3 and have germany on the run.  Takes some skilled allied play, but is very doable, as is dead zoning persia with little effort, or actually holding it until the US can make it into the scrap.  This is with a 7 IPC bid in LL.  Then france falls around turn 4-5, giving the US almost the same income as Japan and Russia is cashing in around 40+.  Is it easy?  No, but still very possible.

Is KJF still not an optimal strategy, for now yes.  But there is a way and eventually we will find it.  India can be held against Japan, provided the US guns for Japan proper.  The islands can be liberated, etc.  One thing i still want to try is UK carriers at india with US figs on 'em.  With US carriers in LA those figs could potentially reach SZ 62 in 1 move from both india and LA.  Provided russia can hold against da germans for that long.

The big thing is so many people play russia as a defensive force, and that is not how to do it.  G shouldn’t get there 3rd NO till turn 2-3, make 'em pay in units for every inch of soil they take.  Russia is the german meat grinder, use it as such!  At least in a KGF strat that is =).

• @ Kavik_Kang, I don’t think you’re an internet troll, but think about your own statements, you’re not saying that axis are favored (like allies are favored in AAR) and need about $10 to balance the game, you’re saying it can’t be fixed with a bid…  :roll:  and that the unbalance is greater than Classic  :roll:

Send a pm and we will play in the unstable lobby. 20 ipc unit bid for me as allies, no tech, NOs. ADS or LL is up to you.

• I am also happy to play you in the forums with a 20 IPC bid, although LL rules would be better since “rolling” can always be a factor

• add me to that list as well!

• Germany has indeed money for techs (all countries saving Italy and Sparrings of the Far East have enough). Air/naval tech is not so bad for germans (roll 1 tech team round one and even supersubs and improved shipyards can be used), and anyway 4 usable of 6 means some people will still try it for HBs. Also Germans could simply ignore HBs tech and buy normal bombers for SBR London and soviet ICs

As for USA, it’s not them who japs will bomb, it’s soviets as I said, and soviets will have 15-20 less IPCs to spend in repairings and units than germans. Also, nothing prevents a japanese bomber SBR cau, landing at ger and then start merry SBRs on London also  wink In fact, Japan, being the richer country of the game (15+ economic advantage over the richer allied nation), can invest both in tech and bombers

Ok, let’s list what techs each power can use, I list each power if the investment is worth it:

Improved arty: Ger, Sov
    Rockets: Ger, Sov, Jap, UK, Ita
    Paratroopers: Ger, Jap, UK, USA
    Increased fact: Ger, Sov, Jap, UK
    War bonds: Ger, Sov, Jap, UK, Ita, USA
    Mech inf: Ger, Sov, Jap

Super subs: Jap, UK, Ita, USA
    Jet fighters: Ger, Jap, UK, USA
    Improved shipyards: Jap, UK, Ita, USA
    Radar: Ger, Sov, Ita
    LRA: Ger, Jap, UK, USA
    H Bombers: Ger, Sov, Jap, UK, Ita, USA

Germany has 6/6 on land table and 4/6 on air/naval, and shouldn’t choose air/naval in most cases. All in all, Allies have a much higher chance of getting Heavy Bombers and turning the tide of the game with them. Even if Allies miss H Bombers they will get good enough techs to make the tech IPCs worth it, but Germany can’t put IPCs into Air/naval table without a high risk of wasting valuable IPCs. With UK and US going for air/naval table and Japan going for it as well, you still have a 50-100% higher chance for Allies, enough to say tech favours allies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m