Axis and Allies 1942 Edition Fact Sheet ( AA42)

• This is the current information we have-

Axis & Allies 1942, designed and developed by Larry Harris, will utilize the updated rules established in A&A Anniversary Edition. Cruiser class ships will make their debut in A&A 1942, forever changing the naval line-up. Newly sculpted playing pieces and all new packaging will position this game as the cornerstone of the Axis & Allies game line for years to come.

* Rulebook updated by Larry Harris, creator of the Axis & Allies game system
       * Packaging, play components, and game board map feature updated art
       * 370 game pieces featuring refreshed sculpts plus new models for cruisers
       * Updated naval unit rules as debuted in Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition
       * IPC is now recorded, no more play money ( you write them down)
       * Map has look of AA50 using Revised Territories
       * New Battle board
       * This is not limited edition and is meant to replace and update AA Revised
       * Release Date August 18th 2009
        * Combat strips used for battles
        * No tech or NO’s, however optional rules from AA50 are included

• Excuse me, mr IL, but should’nt this be in another forum ?

• it will be when its set up.

• Gah.  Weren’t they saying a lot of this stuff for the AA50 release?  :roll: Less than a year later they have to churn out yet another Axis and Allies…  Considering the last one was $100 for a damn board game, and supposed to be the end-all-to-be-all, why are they compelled to make another Revised version?  Dunno if the Revised player base is gonna like the new naval rules used in AA50 either, not to mention the player order.

• over the internet…

Axis & Allies 1942’
    ‘Little Brother’ to ‘Anniversary Edition’
    Published: 04/20/2009, Last Updated: 04/21/2009 03:34am

Wizards of the Coast’s Avalon Hill division will release a new, re-envisioned version of Axis & Allies, with a similar style to last year’s Anniversary Edition, according to WotC Direct Sales Manager Mike Dunlap. “We are taking the style that we used for Axis & Allies Anniversary, and making a little brother of that,” he said.

Axis & Allies 1942 will have a similar look and feel to last year’s Anniversary Edition (see “New Edition of ‘Axis & Allies’”), streamlined for two to five players and retailing for around $30. The game currently has a soft release date of August, possibly in time for Gen Con Indy.

• IL,

Any chance for mech INF?  Or was that wistful hunger…

• no just cruisers.

But it would seem that finally the AA gun and factory will be new.

• @Imperious:

• IPC is now recorded, no more play money

What does that mean?

• If you have say 24 IPC you write down 24 on a pad of paper and avoid dealing with silly pieces of paper getting passed back and forth and having to make change and having to have somebody be a cashier. Also, when you write the stuff down you don’t have to deal with counting slips of paper or mixing your money with another players money.

Im not sure if its a pad of paper or some player aid

• So the ‘new board’ is identical to revised, but with new artwork?  Lame!

• @Imperious:

If you have say 24 IPC you write down 24 on a pad of paper and avoid dealing with silly pieces of paper getting passed back and forth and having to make change and having to have somebody be a cashier. Also, when you write the stuff down you don’t have to deal with counting slips of paper or mixing your money with another players money.

Im not sure if its a pad of paper or some player aid

oh okay thank you.
    @Rakeman:

So the ‘new board’ is identical to revised, but with new artwork?  Lame!

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe I can just use my AAR board with AA50 rules!

• @Rakeman:

So the ‘new board’ is identical to revised, but with new artwork?  Lame!

I am pleased to see a better map.

• Customizer

Larry Harris has now stated on his site that the map is the same, but the scuplts are new

Cheers

• Thats what i said before.

• @jim010:

Larry Harris has now stated on his site that the map is the same, but the scuplts are new

Cheers

do you have a link?

• Customizer

I have been more than negligent with you guys… But I’ve been busy, busy, busy… Not that you haven’t been but I don’t handle pressure as well I guess. I think it’s ok for me to let you know the following - The AA42 is based on the Revised Map. There will be NEW sculpts. Really cool sculpts actually… The price tag will be VERY low as well. Love you guys!

quoted from Larry Harris from
    :
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/bb2/viewtopic.php?t=1805&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=8

I’m guessing this means new - not refreshed - sculpts with the addition of cruisers.  I’m curious to see if this is really the case.

Cheers

• Customizer

“Based on” doesn’t mean the same as.

Maybe not - hopefully you are right and the map has more than just cosmetic changes.

Cheers

• Its not the same as revised. It it were it would not have new pieces and new cruisers and a new map.

Its an updated version with some of the ideas from AA50 that seemed to work better than revised ( such as cruisers at 3-3 and destroyers at 2-2)

I would expect even a few new ideas, BUT it will be based on the 5 player revised. Consider it 4th edition Axis and Allies.

This could mean some minor changes on VC locations and perhaps a new territory or two…but still revised overall.

I hope he redoes the technology and adds some neutrals, but probably not.

• Revamping neutrals would be awesome!!

• @Constantinople:

Revamping neutrals would be awesome!!

it will never happen ILO (in larry’s opinion)

IMO, I would love to conquer and utterly destroy Sweden, cause they helped Hitler, and I am confused Stalin did not do this during the real war

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m