Axis and Allies 1942 Edition Fact Sheet ( AA42)

• Hello, i am new here.

Just wondering if anymore information has been released yet?

It was mentioned earlier in the thread that in a few days more information would be released, and that was a few days ago.

I’m looking forward to seeing pictures of the map and pieces.

And wondering how balanced the start up will be. Also hoping that the game time wont be shortened too much.

This is a great site, i have been a big fan of A&A for years. But unfortunately do not have anyone to play the game with.

• @eaglex72:

This is a great site, i have been a big fan of A&A for years. But unfortunately do not have anyone to play the game with.

Find some neighbour or family member, first beg, then bribe, then threat, they will play.

• @Adlertag:

@eaglex72:

Find some neighbour or family member, first beg, then bribe, then threat, they will play.

ha  :-D

I’ve been trying to convince one of my friends.

As soon as our hockey season ends, we may get a few games in HOPEFULLY!

• The best thing to do is make it a beer and pizza thing on a lazy sunday and make the game as social as possible. Have it already set up and go over the rules with no more than a 5 minute rundown on the basics. Make sure you got some war movie on in background. Combat! the TV show works best for this purpose.

• lol

I have finally fully convinced my friend!

Finally have someone to play A&A with. Luckily, we are both into war history.

I couldn’t convince him on the AA50 version, may be TOO complicated, but Revised Edition he is interested in, and probably AA42 when it is released.

SO i now have high hopes for AA42, since i have now someone to play the game with.

Can’t wait to see some pictures of the game and new information.

Was it true that Larry Harris was not fully pleased with the way the AA50 map turned out? I am wondering if the map will look a little aesthetically different from the AA50 map, even though AA42 seems to be leaning toward the AA50 style.

I wonder how the new naval war rules and new units will work on the smaller map.

I like the idea of no IPC. Just jot it down on a pad. But i wish Italy was a separately used nation in AA42.

This was what i love about AA50 (although admittedly, i never actually played it) is that Italy was playable.

Before AA Revised even came out, i used to post on another message board, maybe this one, i can’t remember it was years ago. But a lot of us were trying to find a way to make Italy a playable nation in the original Axis & Allies. And someone actually made the rule up. And with the World at War expansion, we had the pieces to use for Italy.

This would be my wish for AA42.

Perhaps, someone would be able to find a way to make Italy a usable nation using the AA42 format. Even if it makes the Axis stronger, i like a challenge when playing Axis & Allies.

• So, any more news?  :mrgreen:

• no, but they say they are working on it.

• Here is a quick AA42PlayersAid Map to aid discussion.
    AA42Basic map

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=db7389213b434449d2db6fb9a8902bda

It was odd to be removing territories, as opposed to six months ago-adding territories.
    As I began cleaning things off, I let that be my functional mandate,
    keep things relatively clean and simple.

I ghosted the A&A Revised 2004 starting setup units onto the map.
    note edited out speculative comments and revised map to basic, AAR set.
    The Revised game had a very fine balance.  Especially with the Bid system.
    I left the AA50 new IPC costs in for units.
    I wonder if we might see at least one or two new territories in this Revision?

• Even this is the fact sheet thread, speculations are always entertaining.

I really hope all new unit costs make it into AA42, AA gun is not so important, the naval rules have been confirmed, and so probably AA42 will have the same naval units costs as AA50. I do hope that bombers will be priced @12.

The new SBR rules are better than the old ones, so it should be included. I don’t expect any NO system similar to AA50, even if it’s an optional rule, it is perceived as too complex for an updated version of Revised. As for new TTs, probably not, but with only one or two new TTs, this would be a great improvement.

I didn’t think of a new setup in AA42 which differs a lot from Revised. There might be some CAs, and 2 more German units in Africa to make a better balance.

• Ahh your right,

I should only have a base map, with no changes from the AAR setup…
    thanks for the input.  I will go back and edit my previous post.

I will edit out-remove the Speculative comments,
    on Setup Changes, and leave it with just what we know so far,

a base map, with the new CA Naval unit listed on the Turn Purchase Key.
    I will not deploy the CA, since we won’t know until some info is released.

• Cruisers are in this version.

• Great job as always, Bluestroke

However, you put ice next to West Canada coast. You could ferry units from Japan to Wcan in one step in Revised. Not in anny. I really hope z63 is ice free again. Also, I would like a new territory between West USA and Wcan, and WUSA reduced to 8 IPCs

I think those changes would make the ignore Japan strat impossible  :-)

• Nice map-work! But I do think the final AA42 map will be much closer to the AA50 map and the AA50-42 set-up. NWE, CZE might be removed and NWY/FIN and BLK/BUL merged as well as China reduced to 4 or 5 territories, but otherwise I can’t see why all other things can’t be in AA42. The larger Pacific and Siberian areas especially should be what Larry wants the game to be like. Maybe it’s because almost no-one’s playing the AA50-42 scenario that we’re seeing this game…  :wink:  (Of course less complexity as well, with China, Italy and NOs being cut off.)

• We still got no confirmation if AA42 has any more TTs than Revised. At least we should get some small info about TTs, and new rule changes from Revised.

I doubt that there will many new TTs, maybe a few. Other speculation is rule changes, I hope AA42 will have the new SBR rules and bombers @12. In Revised, bmrs was not bought.

Hopefully IL can get some info from the chimps at Wotc, but they’re probably busy eating bananas rather than promoting the new main A&A game.

• I have had this idea on how to make the Pacific Theater larger scale, despite a smaller map…

If both the Western and Eastern Hemispheres were moved westward, decreasing space for Eastern USA, and increasing the area in the Pacific.

And from there, add some extra territories and add some smaller victory cities in the Pacific, giving the USA and Japan more incentive to fight it out in the Pacific.

Also, and even though we know Italy and China won’t be involved, but they could have made them sub-moves. Italy a sub-move of the Germans. And China a sub move of the Soviets(makes more sense then sub-move of the US). This way, there really wouldn’t be cluttering, and they could still be involved.

• @Funcioneta:

Great job as always, Bluestroke

However, you put ice next to West Canada coast. You could ferry units from Japan to Wcan in one step in Revised. Not in anny. I really hope z63 is ice free again. Also, I would like a new territory between West USA and Wcan, and WUSA reduced to 8 IPCs

I think those changes would make the ignore Japan strat impossible  :-)

Thank you,
    I have updated the map and removed the ice field to allow access to Western Canada from Sea Zone 63.  I also made Los Angeles the Victory city again, instead of San Francisco in Western USA.
    This is funny, while making the AA50PlayerAid Maps I forgot to close this Ice Field.  Now going back to AA42, I forgot to reopen it.

• eaglex72,

Have you tried out TripleA?  It’s a computerized form of axis and allies.  Saves a lot of time for setup and is easier to play online.

• I never tried it.

I read about it here, it seems really cool.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have to research more about it.  :mrgreen:

• So, only one more month until release!

No more information is released yet  :-(

Can’t wait for this game, it will be great!  :mrgreen:

• IL, did you ever hear of AH coming out with a new computer game version for AA42 like Hasbro did on the original one?

Or is there an online AA game you are fimaliar with that you can recommend?

The revised AA42 should be sweet, and I like the revised price as well. :-D

I would like to see the option of Italy being seperate as this was unique in the AA50 and it worked. That would cover both preferences for everyone. :-D

It could be an optional set-up and you would have to buy the extra Italian pieces as an expansion set. Or maybe they can come up with a couple of expansion sets, depending upon feedback and demand. :-)

Keep up the good work! 8-)

Cheers.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m