Axis and Allies 1942 Edition Fact Sheet ( AA42)

• Does any one know if NO’s & tech will be offered as an option in an errata latter. You figure by not offering them in the orig AA42 game but introducing them in an official faq/errata they could save about 5 cents a copy. lol

• no NO’s, No Tech. This is the fast food version of AA.

• Yea but these are things that could be added later through an errata at no cost to the establishment.

• Yea but Larry does not do that kind of thing. The exception was AA50.

And if he released errata its not gonna have entire tech tree and NO’s and all kinds of optional rules….as errata.

AA50 gave us just 2 optional rules and these were short paragraphs.

• I might have missed this but are there any IPC changes to the territories???

How much does each country recieve in IPC???

Are there still SBRs???

AA rules the same as Revised or are they like AA50?

AA50 cost to pieces I assume???

• Official Q&A

@questioneer:

I might have missed this but are there any IPC changes to the territories???

I haven’t done a detailed comparison, but I doubt it.

@questioneer:

How much does each country recieve in IPC???

The same as in Revised.

@questioneer:

Are there still SBRs???

Yes.

@questioneer:

AA rules the same as Revised or are they like AA50?

AA50.

@questioneer:

AA50 cost to pieces I assume???

Yes.

• Bravo, I love this.

• Its a shame that tech didn’t make it into this version. Tech has been a big part of AA since the 80’s. Its evolved over the years, and even got nation specific through NA’s. I like the 2 charts we got in AA50 along with not losing your tokens. If this is to be the new standard replacing revised , I just don’t get it. Revised is a great game, and AA50 is the cream of the crop (so far). This new version is like designating a transport as your Flagship.

I think you will see this game on the shelf at more department stores because of cost. So it might drum up more interests and new players which is good. As for the hard core players it gives us something to do, can you say house rules. Making new tech trees and NO’s for AA42 will keep us busy for awhile.

• This fast food version will get alot of people making house rules.

Its like a plain hamburger and we all work as chefs in Michelin 3 rosette restaurants. What do you think will happen?

• The problem with AA50, not so much as in Revised is also that the rules and such became too complicated. Not so complicated that we didn’t understand the rules, although there were several players who needed an explanation from Krieghund, b/c the the texting in rules section was not exactly clear.

Classic was the greatest concept totally, b/c it was so simple, although the finish was very poor mainly b/c of balance issues, and that changed by Revised. Tech has been broken since Classic, tech just turns A&A more into yahtzee than a strategy game, there is enough randomness with regular dices.

So if AA42 is slightly simpler than Revised, but with AA50 rules, AA42 is probably not much more complicated than Revised, even with the AA50  rules. The problem with difficult rules is not that we don’t understand them, b/c we’re stupid, b/c we’re not, it’s just that in f2f boardgames there will be discussions over rules issues rather than strats and tactics. That’s one of the reasons why I prefer the software versions of A&A.

There is nothing who points in the direction that complicated rules in an A&A game, will make the game more fun and exciting. Sometimes, less is more.

• Official Q&A

@Subotai:

Not so complicated that we didn’t understand the rules, although there were several players who needed an explanation from Krieghund, b/c the the texting in rules section was not exactly clear.

Hopefully that won’t be so much of a problem from here on.

• @Imperious:

This fast food version will get alot of people making house rules.

Its like a plain hamburger and we all work as chefs in Michelin 3 rosette restaurants. What do you think will happen?

mmm honestly, I don’t see that unless the players don’t own AA50… like the actual target audience who won’t be housing the rules anytime too soon I’d think.

After all, house rules fill the gap between the game we bought and the game we want.

Seems that playing this game will increase that gap compared to AA50.

So why buy a hamburger when you want steak then spend all that time & effort trying to make it look, taste, smell like steak… when you
    already own steak?

Now, having said that, I could see how the release of this game may trigger a series of house rules for Revised owners looking to do what this game does: merge Revised set-up and map with AA50 rules.

• unless the players don’t own AA50

Most people don’t or wont play $200 for it.

• People that didn’t get into the AA50 sweepstakes will buy this game just to bridge the gap from now til a reprint comes out. That way they can get used to new rules. Most will intergrate AA50 tech charts into it if they like tech, thats an easy add on. NO’s will be more challanging, because of fewer tt. Might be easier to include some sea zones (convoy) to make up for lack of tt for NO’s.

• Customizer

So why buy a hamburger when you want steak then spend all that time & effort trying to make it look, taste, smell like steak… when you
    already own steak?

I don’t think this game is really meant for us.  I would think it is meant to be on a shelf in Toys R Us to rope in the very casual gamer that would have bought Risk.  I assume this is its purpose with a simple and fast game- to bring in new gamers and get them hooked.

Cheers

• That is so true.  I was pretty upset when I saw the pics and final product presented, but AA42 is really not for those hardcore AAgamers its for the masses to get people hooked.  I admit my anger was too premature.  Now that they are going to reprint AA50 and AAE40 and AAP40 are coming out for “us” I’m pretty happy about the AAline still.  Kreighund really help reset my perspective on this issue.  I am now buying 2 copies of the AA42- one for extra pieces for my AA50 game and one to play on occasion.
    :-D

• I was pretty upset when I saw the pics and final product presented

are you complaining? :-D

• @Imperious:

I was pretty upset when I saw the pics and final product presented

are you complaining? :-D

Not anymore.  The announcement of AAE40 and AAP40 pretty much shut me up. :oops:

• Yes >I will make a complain >>>> I cant get this games fast enough  :-P

• And why dont you clean this thread like you cleaned the Europe & Pacific 1940 thread ?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m