Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Transports, Amfibious attacks and support shots

• Alright i was thinking about the following situation.

A lonely transport is in a seazone next to a country that you want to invade.
    You move your fleet of transports cruisers destroyers to the seazone.

Can you deside to destroy the transport and use the cruisers to assist in the attack?
    This would mean holding back the cruisers in the naval battle but since the transport cant fight back anyway
    it would be logical only the destroyers go after it.

• @ShadowHAwk:

Alright i was thinking about the following situation.

A lonely transport is in a seazone next to a country that you want to invade.
    You move your fleet of transports cruisers destroyers to the seazone.

Can you deside to destroy the transport and use the cruisers to assist in the attack?
    This would mean holding back the cruisers in the naval battle but since the transport cant fight back anyway
    it would be logical only the destroyers go after it.

If you choose to engage the transport, all ships participate in naval combat.  You would have to forfeit the support from the cruiser.  However you can decide to inore the transport and have your cruiser support the ground assault.

• Official Answers

ElCapitan is correct.  If one ships attacks, they all attack.  You must choose between sinking the transport and supporting the amphibious assault.

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m