• anyone played this game? it is done by Paradox Entertainment, that’s the dudes who did Europa Universalis I and II…
    I saw the screen shots and was intrigued… and it should be out since the 19th of Novembre…

Anyone played it? Comments?

• Haven’t played, but the pictures definately looked cool. Mike (Ewok), have you checked it out yet?

• found some more for it, but there it says release would be 2003: http://www.strategy-gaming.com/features/hearts_of_iron/index.shtml

on the same page they then say it has been shipped to retailers…
    sigh … whoever get’s it …
    please please please tell me what’s it like :)

• yeah, I heard about it a few months back when Ewoks mentioned it to me. It looks real nice and was designed by the same people who made Europa Universal(?) - great game BTW. What are the system requirements?

• I guess not too much more or else than you needed for Europa Universalis. It’s the same engine.

• i have it preorderd and it came out on the 26th but didnt ship to my local EB til this Friday so ill pick it up 2day, ive bin wanting to start a thread on this game but i was to lazy to type lol ill tell u guys how it is ill be killing Democrats and Commies all day after school :P

• –don’t worry, I’ll enjoy handing beatdown to nazis in Hearts of Iron. :wink:

But until then, I will be smashing through the nazis in PGII. :)

• heh u can get rid of the nazi gov ealr=y in the game if u play ur cards right. u can make ww2 Demo vs Commie ;)

• hahaha, communist always win against demos. :wink:

• um LOL well according to history um ur wrong :P

• What history?

• Let’s see the history: ;)
    Russian Civil War: Commies 1 Democrats 0
    German Revolution 1919: Commies 1 Democrats 1
    Chinese (Civil) War: Commies 2 Democrats 1
    Korean War: Commies 3 Democrats 2 (draw)
    Vietnam: Commies 4 Democrats 2
    Cuban Revolution: Commies 5 Democrats 2

Feel free to add some, esp. struggles in Africa. :D

• cough Cold war… 5 points to the Democrats

• i would say that was more some kind of a sudden death :) … but then we need a draw before that anyway ;) :)

• heh :P

• Communism = Democracy…

• o yea its a great game it owns AA i extremly recomend we all get it adn then we can play each othger in multiplayer ;)

• How are you scoring commies vs. demos?

Communist Losses:

S.Korea, Turkey, Greece, Ukraine, Hungary, Moldova, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czechoslovokia, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Taiwan, Russia, Kazakstan, Georgia, Armenia, Chile, Venezuela, Turkeministan, Azerbajin, Spain, Germany, Romania, Congo, Mongolia, Belorussia, Nicaragua.

Communist Victories:

China, N.Korea, Cuba, Vietnam

How are the commies winning?

• Communism, is, for now, loosing. But i think it’s inevitable, it’s a step we’ll have to pass someday; just imagine, it’s pure utopy; everyone has equal power (money), the perfect harmony of a society, it would not encourage competition, avidity, not those who are polluting to make better profit. Even if you don’t believe it will work, i think it’s still a noble goal, with strong will we can achieve communism, but i do not believe in the communist revolution, anyway not in the sence of Marx.

About Cuba, it’s a pretty great victory, they’re doing very well even with the santion by the USA, i’m not saying Castro is clean, but at least not as currupted as Bastista. And Chile failed because of the USA, the CIA does not seem to embrace Democracy when America risk to loose money.

• @FinsterniS:

Communism, is, for now, loosing. But i think it’s inevitable, it’s a step we’ll have to pass someday; just imagine, it’s pure utopy; everyone has equal power (money), the perfect harmony of a society, it would not encourage competition, avidity, not those who are polluting to make better profit. Even if you don’t believe it will work, i think it’s still a noble goal, with strong will we can achieve communism, but i do not believe in the communist revolution, anyway not in the sence of Marx.

About Cuba, it’s a pretty great victory, they’re doing very well even with the santion by the USA, i’m not saying Castro is clean, but at least not as currupted as Bastista. And Chile failed because of the USA, the CIA does not seem to embrace Democracy when America risk to loose money.

what a joke.
    equal power? just because everyone has equal amounts of one currency (money) does not mean that’s something we should work towards (i see examples of this every day), nor does it mean that its an equal society for everyone as different currencies will arise and the “ruling classes” will be defined by some other currency.
    Competition and profit, like many other things can be excellent motivators or they can work against society. I’m a very competitive person, and i am working towards many profits - monetary, life experience, wisdom, etc.
    And i think there are many Cubans who would quickly disagree with your assessment.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m