• heres what i got, seems to be working. 
    R1-send all men from Karelia to finland, with 1 tank from Archangel.
        send as small of force as possible, only inf, art, the ftr & the bmbr, to East Ukraine
    UK1-send cruiser and transport with 1 inf 1 tank from east canada to norway
          send bomber and fighters to norway
          buy 1 or 2 destroyers and place in sz 6, save rest of money
    US1-take back sz53. if transports in sz10 survived, send them to sz1, and all land units from east US to east canada.  they will go to norway US2.  move planes where needed, UK probably.

mind you, the germans in this game had some tough dice rolls - they lost badly in egypt, and they put a IC in france. and they took Karelia(but thats what i wanted).  i plan to put a UK IC in norway, with the russians and US helping defend it.  lemme know what ya’ll think.

• 2007 AAR League

Russia

I think you’re on the right track with the Russian opening.

I have been thinking about:

Finland-3 inf, 1 arm
    Belorussia-4 inf, 1 bmb
    East Ukraine-(strafe and retreat to Caucasus)5 inf, 2 art, 1 arm, 1 fig

UK

The UK builds usually depend on what Germany did on G1 but, 1 IC, 1 CV isn’t bad as long as you have a DD left to protect against the remaining German SS. Otherwise, 1 IC, 2 DD is decent.

I don’t know about the IC in Norway. The UK is always committed to navy builds in the Atlantic, might as well just stick to TP’s instead of the Norway IC. If you want the IC, SAF, Australia, or India seem like better choices.

US

The US builds might depend on KJF or KGF but, with both you already start out with 3 fighters so 2 CV, 1 fig can’t hurt. That almost immediately gives you enough protection for sz12 in a KGF or, with KJF, it gets you pretty close to equal footing with the Japanese navy and sets you up to take back the Solomans and the NO on US2.

I agree. You should definitely counterattack sz53.

Personally, I think that with the Japanese starting out with only 1 TP in 42’ that a KJF is a definite possibility. Putting the UK IC in India or Australia is a lot safer in 42’ than in 41’. Plus, Egypt is too strong for Germany to attack on G1, so an Indian IC has a boatload of reinforcements to choose from. And with the Japanese about the same strength as they are 41’ but the US starting out better in the Pacific with an extra bomber to boot, the Allies could be swarming all over Japan from turn 2 onward.

• @U-505:

Russia

I think you’re on the right track with the Russian opening.

I have been thinking about:

Finland-3 inf, 1 arm
    Belorussia-4 inf, 1 bmb
    East Ukraine-(strafe and retreat to Caucasus)5 inf, 2 art, 1 arm, 1 fig

UK

The UK builds usually depend on what Germany did on G1 but, 1 IC, 1 CV isn’t bad as long as you have a DD left to protect against the remaining German SS. Otherwise, 1 IC, 2 DD is decent.

I don’t know about the IC in Norway. The UK is always committed to navy builds in the Atlantic, might as well just stick to TP’s instead of the Norway IC. If you want the IC, SAF, Australia, or India seem like better choices.

US

The US builds might depend on KJF or KGF but, with both you already start out with 3 fighters so 2 CV, 1 fig can’t hurt. That almost immediately gives you enough protection for sz12 in a KGF or, with KJF, it gets you pretty close to equal footing with the Japanese navy and sets you up to take back the Solomans and the NO on US2.

I agree. You should definitely counterattack sz53.

Personally, I think that with the Japanese starting out with only 1 TP in 42’ that a KJF is a definite possibility. Putting the UK IC in India or Australia is a lot safer in 42’ than in 41’. Plus, Egypt is too strong for Germany to attack on G1, so an Indian IC has a boatload of reinforcements to choose from. And with the Japanese about the same strength as they are 41’ but the US starting out better in the Pacific with an extra bomber to boot, the Allies could be swarming all over Japan from turn 2 onward.

‘strafing’ eastern ukraine isn’t a good idea
    i’ve been thinking (know, not a good thing in my case): why not strafe belo with 3 inf from len and airplanes, and all the rest to eastern ukraine?
    is Finland worth it?

• @katfishkris:

i plan to put a UK IC in norway, with the russians and US helping defend it.  lemme know what ya’ll think.

I like to let US take Norway rd 2 for an IC as the US doesn’t have to many places to build an IC w/3 units. Besides getting US into Europe quicker it also lets US & UK build fleet together. The only problem w/IC on Norway with allies is you could lose the Russian $5 NO (ground units through Karelia) unless you use transports.

• PS: You didn’t mention the Baltic fleet. You need to destroy it as soon as posible. With an IC on France Germ may try to run his navy and add to it in sz 6 or 7.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m