• I think it’s underpowered.  The whole point of making China bigger in AA50 was to make it harder for Japan to take, but all it does is give Japan more IPCs.

How about 1 infantry for every 1 territory instead of 2?  I think it’s that simple a fix.

• Just let China be controlled by the Soviet Union, so it will play before japan and will get some builds in and move its fighter. All fixed with a minimal of effort. Historically, it was partially controlled by communists anyway so its not too far from the mark.

If the Soviets can control it they will benefit more because its really more of their own sphere of influence because the fall of China is bad for SU.

Try it once. Just once and you will agree.

• Both solutions are good. You could also try playing 1941 with chinese 1942 setup or try my mod  :wink:

I’m getting more convinced that 1942 is the less imbalanced scenario, not only because stronger China, but for weaker Japan and for Germany playing after soviets (thus, italians cannot make the sneaky attack and open roads for german tanks). China still is not enogh strong in 1942, but this is countered by the other two factors

I must agree whit Upside, China in 1941 is more a support for axis than for allies. Axis receive a sneaky and potentially powerfull minor and allies receive a posioned pill as minor. In fact, you could say that axis receives two minors for that matter  :-P Or this changes, or I’ll stick to Revised or 1942 scenario

• '10

I like this idea. I will try it out in my next game of AA50. I think that this could be a simple fix to the China too weak problem.@Upside-down_Turtle:

I think it’s underpowered.  The whole point of making China bigger in AA50 was to make it harder for Japan to take, but all it does is give Japan more IPCs.

How about 1 infantry for every 1 territory instead of 2?  I think it’s that simple a fix.

@Imperious:

Just let China be controlled by the Soviet Union, so it will play before japan and will get some builds in and move its fighter. All fixed with a minimal of effort. Historically, it was partially controlled by communists anyway so its not too far from the mark.

If the Soviets can control it they will benefit more because its really more of their own sphere of influence because the fall of China is bad for SU.

Try it once. Just once and you will agree.

• When I redone my map I separated China into 17 territories.
    More difficult for japan player to take out china….

• Round up
    +2 INF at set up

• I’ve also thought of giving China (in all incarnations) the ability to purchase American armor units in limited quantity if certain conditions are met. I’m still trying to work it out however.

• I’ve also thought of giving China (in all incarnations) the ability to purchase American armor units in limited quantity if certain conditions are met. I’m still trying to work it out however.

Hum……not historicaly accuracy at all.
    Chinese industries didn’t have the ability to built tank.
    You must think about conscription. OK for more artillery and flying tiger but no tank.

• @crusaderiv:

I’ve also thought of giving China (in all incarnations) the ability to purchase American armor units in limited quantity if certain conditions are met. I’m still trying to work it out however.

Hum……not historicaly accuracy at all.
    Chinese industries didn’t have the ability to built tank.
    You must think about conscription. OK for more artillery and flying tiger but no tank.

Actually yes, there is some historical accuracy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Chinese_armoured_forces_(1927–1945)

I never said the Chinese would build these units, they would have to be purchased from the United States, much like the artillery pieces in Pacific 40’. Also, only if certain conditions are met would that be even possible and in extremely limited quantities. I’m thinking the limit would maybe be two - three?

Just a thought I had to spice up the Sino-Japanese theater.

• I never said the Chinese would build these units, they would have to be purchased from the United States
    Ah……that’s another things.
    But if japanese player take out burma and/or India. How USA/UK can send tank in China?
    Also, USSR send artillery and other materials in China during WW II so you can go for USSR/China lend lease.

Actually yes, there is some historical accuracy.
    I never said China didn’t any tank.
    I wrote that chinese industries didn’t any the capability to built their own tank or produce tank from another country and one of the reason was because japanese army hold the burma road.

• Sorry for taking awhile to reply.

Space for Time. The Allies, mainly the Chinese, would just have to re-take the Burma Road, its the only way those M3’s and M4’s legitimately could get over there. The area is usually contested in my games, so I can some armor units from the U.S managing to join the NRA.

As for Soviet units, I’ve toyed with the idea, I’m still unsure of it however.

• Think of this way China has the most people in the world, it could send more then 10 Infantry into war so yes they should make a stronger China

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m