• Does anyone out there have more than copy of AA50?  If you do could you just say why you purchased it? I’m planning on order another copy of it with the combat dice in the next couple of days.  My main idea is to give me another copy of the game to play(the one I have now is at school where me and someother guys play during study hall), and, since it is a limited edition version of the game, it will let me have some replacement pieces or board.  I think this game is great. By the way does anyone know of realplaces you could go and play AA (like a league or tournament) or is it pretty much just the few places that are mentioned on the other parts of the forum.

(by the way if anyone does know pittsburgh)

• I have 6 copies and 5 are sealed in original shipping box.

Don’t think for a second that they will reprint the game. They wont. This will go down exactly like Risk 40th Anniversary edition where all these freaks bought the damm game up in 3 weeks and if you went on a trip you would have never known that version came out because they were sold out faster than Paris falls in the springtime.

Buy at least one more copy or you will regret it. For all of you who think you will find it on the shelf as a markdown at Wallmart latter are fooling yourself. On Ebay in 1 years time it will be selling for $200 and go for more as the years pass.

Avalon Hill wont be reprinting it because they are Chimps, and Chimps have no idea how to market games and how to sell them. Eventually in another 5 years we will all see some other incarnation of this game will even possibly better components, but we need to worry out the first 5 years of what we will be playing first.

Its even possible that they will release a WW1 version of this game in 2014 Aug 1st the 100 year anniversary of the Great War.

• i dont know about pittsburgh, but here in omaha, you can go to some of the comic book stores and get a group going on weekend afternoons.  if you can drag people away from those trading card games.

• @Imperious:

I have 6 copies and 5 are sealed in original shipping box.

Don’t think for a second that they will reprint the game. They wont. This will go down exactly like Risk 40th Anniversary edition where all these freaks bought the damm game up in 3 weeks and if you went on a trip you would have never known that version came out because they were sold out faster than Paris falls in the springtime.

Buy at least one more copy or you will regret it. For all of you who think you will find it on the shelf as a markdown at Wallmart latter are fooling yourself. On Ebay in 1 years time it will be selling for $200 and go for more as the years pass.

Avalon Hill wont be reprinting it because they are Chimps, and Chimps have no idea how to market games and how to sell them. Eventually in another 5 years we will all see some other incarnation of this game will even possibly better components, but we need to worry out the first 5 years of what we will be playing first.

Its even possible that they will release a WW1 version of this game in 2014 Aug 1st the 100 year anniversary of the Great War.

I hear you on this, I would love to have one to keep sealed!  The only problem is making the sale of “I should have at least two AA50 games” to the wifey.  She loves gaming, but somehow this scenario comes to my mind:

Me: “I need another AA50 Anniversary game.”
    Wife: “What? Why? Are you going to play both of them?!”
    Me: “No, no! I’m just going to save it, never even open it!” :lol: 
    Wife:  :x

then followed by a slap or punch depending on her mood, haha.

• the fact that the game is not set for a re-print would encourage a lot of people to purchase at least 2 set’s,
    if 1 set were lost or chewed by a dog or similar household pet, without the option to go to a local shop to purchase a replacement, most players would purchase 2 set’s,
    i should get a copy soon, before they are all sold,
    i had 1 ordered, and the shop was out of stock and have not replied to the re-order,
    i would suppose that they have not got a re-stock,

if risk 40th anniversary is the 1 with the cities and arrow marker’s, i have seen that in stock a few month’s ago,
    i did not purchase the game because i thought that they could have made a more comprehensive game, and they really made a sub standard effort with the playing pieces,
    the new rules could have been more expansive while keeping the fast pace intact

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m