• Hi Capt. Kiwi,
    I just wanted to let you know that I did start painting my pieces finally.  I’m painting the set from the AAP 1940 set.  The paints I’m using are not as nice as your warhammer paints.  But it is a start.  I’ve started with the American units.  I will be posting pics of my progress in the AAP 1940 forum.  I just thought you would like to know so you can follow my progress.  Look forward to reading your thoughts on my work.

• Awesomeness. Look forward to seeing the results

• Here’s a link to Viracocha’s Photobucket account. Hes been working on his own Operation Paintskreig after being inspired by a couple of painted copies he saw of AA50 (Mine included)

http://s889.photobucket.com/home/Viracocha_bucket

So check it out, a different artist with a different look at painting AA50

• Customizer

Thanks  :-D

I think my end products are something between your arsenal and Sam Hill’s.

Posted some more btw, my wife does some photography so I let her just have a session with it.  I’ll gradually keep uploading - there’s a lot of 'em, not sure if I’ll bother uploading all of them.  It’ll end when I post the Atomic warfare pieces, sounds appropriate.  Original post for these is:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=17651.msg582169#msg582169

Gold Leader: Stay on Target! (eh eh eh - that’s for you I.L.  :lol: )

• '10

You guys are amazing!  We all are in awe…

…Can I come over and play?

This is what HARD CORE is all about.

• DUDE’s how do you get that much detail in them???  I thought mine looked that good.  Now they look like finger painting compared to that.

• Customizer

@FieldMarshalGames:

You guys are amazing!  We all are in awe…

:-D You’re welcome to throw some bones in Old Smoke anytime.

Mirage: Well don’t use your fingers. eheh  :wink: Glad you like 'em. But you have to take into account that many are not standard issue A&A minis - or they’re at least better sculpts from other editions of A&A (I used the T-34 from a '42 set, because the anniversary ones look like they have pyramids for turrets… kind of a Stargate kinda tank come to think of it… they’re okay - and I painted them as well but…eh. Opinion call I guess). Much of the German navy has pieces from Jeff Stein’s game (outstanding fellow btw) - with superior (plastic) sculpts. I don’t have any leads - well, for A&A.

I still plan on “borrowing” (  :wink:) the captain’s scaled down flags on capital ships idea, already have tiny flags but wondering which edition I might try it on (this one is nearly complete, sometimes you have to just say done… but I do have the coastal artillery to do and and…*sigh).  And then there’s Sam Hill’s and the Captain’s mounting of aircraft… I still toy with that, recently did a trial run with clear plastic rods on a stukka (in the dive bomb position). *shrug  I might mount some bombers but not all the fighters… I like the way they look on a carrier. Obviously it’s a slow day at work for me… I knew I should have brought some minis and paints…  :lol:

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Where do you get coastal Artillery?

• Customizer

@coachofmany:

Where do you get coastal Artillery?

Good question… been going over the options.  There are various artillery pieces form other games, looked at quite a few.  Might just alter and add with standard AA guns, their stats are somewhat similar in that they are ‘neutral’ pieces.  I’ll post 'em when done.

Mirage: Looked around - link me to your pics? Love looking at any - even unpainted.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

You guys are amazing!  We all are in awe…

If your ever in New Zealand FMG, you can come and play with my set. I even have your dice bag already here so you’ll feel right at home.

• @Captain:

Hi all

As I have mentioned before I am in the process of painting my AA50 set from start to finish.

I got the game last week and have finished off the german Infantry, Tanks, Artillery, and Aircraft. I will try and get the fleet finished by the end of the weekend.

If people are interested I will update the following gallery with progress as I complete this task.

http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/ithkrall/AA50/

Any feedback or comments on the minitatures is appreciated.

Really nice paint job

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Love the paintwork , also really like your flags on the big ships and your aircraft stands. Awesome.

• Hey all

I’ve started up a painting blog that follows my painted boardgames and wargames. I’m going to revisit the axis and allies anniversary edition in a future post

Heres the link

http://vom-krieg.blogspot.com/

• First post in my retrospective look at painting up Axis and Allies anniversary edition is up here

http://vom-krieg.blogspot.com/2011/09/axis-and-allies-anniversary-part-one.html

I’ve also linked through to this site and Viracochas painted set as well

• Customizer

@Captain:

First post in my retrospective look at painting up Axis and Allies anniversary edition is up here

http://vom-krieg.blogspot.com/2011/09/axis-and-allies-anniversary-part-one.html

I’ve also linked through to this site and Viracochas painted set as well

Excellent!  I’m liking some of your other fine work as well  :-D

• You done any other projects Viracocha? Since the AA50 one?

• Customizer

@Captain:

You done any other projects Viracocha? Since the AA50 one?

Yeah, for HOTTs (Hordes Of The Things, game with standard characteristics for each army’s unit type - but each army can be of any ‘theme’.).  I made a Prussian steampunk army which I’m particularly proud of - did a lot of modifications, and I painted my gal’s fairy tale army (both 15mm metals).  Actually, had the minis for ages but only just recently completed them (a move stalled me for a bit) I’ll try to get some pics.  They’re not A&A though - should I post 'em anyway?  Maybe I’ll do it on a different site and link it.

I did a lot of Descent figs in the past - my profile on BGG has 'em if you want to check them out… http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Viracocha

• Yeah man, would love to see your work.

One of the reasons I started the Blog was that i keep posting on different sites about what i’m doing, and sometimes i lose track of them.

Having one place where you keep a record is damm handy.

• Customizer

Eh eh eh - I am the same!  I do some writing in my spare time - what little there is of it.  So a lot of other forums and blogs call for my attention as well… about time I make a hub.  The closest I have to an online HQ is my author profile on Goodreads - which just doesn’t cut it.  Think I’ll follow your lead and do the same.  That blogger site serving you well?

• Yep, it seems to work alright

I’ve also found that a lot of gaming blogs are on blogspot as well. Once you set up one follow mine and ill do a track back to yours.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m