• After 3 months of waiting, my copy of AA50 has finally arrived

Long shipping from the US, to Australia and then to New Zealand, the game was then held in customs on a routine “hold and search” for over 2 weeks.

I picked up my copy at 4pm, but had an evening planned out with my partner  dinner and a movie, so i had to lug the game around with me (luckily shes a gamer as well, and knew I had been waiting for months so wasn’t bothered)

5 hours later I got home and finally got to open the game!

My plan is to paint the entire set over the next few months. I’ll set up a thread later and post links to photobucket to show my progress. Now that the game has arrived, i’m already getting ready to pimp it up.

Now to entrap my group of players!

• This is exactly why I don’t like an Austalian IC - the shipping routes take way too long!  :lol:

• @captainjack:

This is exactly why I don’t like an Austalian IC - the shipping routes take way too long!   :lol:

Nice!

Seriously, I dont think some of the American and European boardgamers out there realise how lucky they are not living at the bottom of the A&A map. At least i’m in the North Island. The South Island of NZ has dropped mostly off the edge of the world.

As Im painting the set I am thinking about taking 2 german cruisers and 1 japanese battleship and painting them Italian. I think 2 italian cruisers is too few (PLayed a bit of the PC version someone did).

Any thoughts on that?

• @ithkrall:

After 3 months of waiting, my copy of AA50 has finally arrived

Long shipping from the US, to Australia and then to New Zealand, the game was then held in customs on a routine “hold and search” for over 2 weeks.

I picked up my copy at 4pm, but had an evening planned out with my partner  dinner and a movie, so i had to lug the game around with me (luckily shes a gamer as well, and knew I had been waiting for months so wasn’t bothered)

5 hours later I got home and finally got to open the game!

My plan is to paint the entire set over the next few months. I’ll set up a thread later and post links to photobucket to show my progress. Now that the game has arrived, i’m already getting ready to pimp it up.

Now to entrap my group of players!

Excellent!!!  Here is a suggestion on how to win them over so to speak.  Make them touch the pieces and ask them to read you something out of the rule book that you think they would have some type of interest in.

• Painting has begun!

I have setup my painting table in our TV room so i can paint while the TV is on.

I’m planning on doing each nation at a time, giving myself a month for each one.

Infantry in week 1
    Tanks and Artillery in week 2
    Aircraft and carriers in week 3
    Fleet in week 4.

Painting nations in 1941 Turn order

6 months to complete!

Fleet will take the longest, but I imagine i’ll be ahead of the targets each week, so thats all good.

Will post pics this weekend of finished German infantry  :-D

• '10

Can’t wait to see pics of this.  I will be AWESOME!

• @ithkrall:

As Im painting the set I am thinking about taking 2 german cruisers and 1 japanese battleship and painting them Italian. I think 2 italian cruisers is too few (PLayed a bit of the PC version someone did).

Any thoughts on that?

Why not use the Russian ones? It’s not like they’ll see the light of day often  :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m