Desputing Evolution or the bible

• ok i’m an evolutionist, i’ve actully taken the time to read the origin of species by Darwin, so i know what i’m talking about. i don’t consider you a evolutionist if you have not read the book becase you only have information on hear say. like wise for creationists on the bible. and therefore i don’t think it’s posible to make a truly informed opinion unless youve read both books. ( dipite the fact that most crationists i’ve met refuse to even look at Darwins book), i admit that i have not read the bible honestly i don’t even have one in my house. so i will be relying on the creationists replys to this to form the bases of my arguments.

the main reson i belive in evoution is the fact that i can see it hapaning around me. i can see farmers selectivly breeding animals to produce variations. how come all domestic dogs are the same species but they look so much diferent? if god made man in his own image, why are we divided into seperate races each with unique fetures.

well that how i will start.
    and i’m ready to debate

• I voted for evolution.

However, I do think that there is a place in the books for both . It would be very narrow-minded to think that either theory is entirely correct.

• You can’t have creation without evolution and vice versa. :)

• wow
    i guess i must be a creationist as i have never read Darwin’s book.
    Weird.

• ha, Darwin was wrong. :-?

• i guess i must be a creationist as i have never read Darwin’s book

ya but would you read it if you were givin the opertunity.

• I guess I’m a creationist too since I didnt read Darwin’s book, though as I’m explaining to mini_phreek right now, I don’t beleive that evolution contraditcs the bible.

• just becase you have not read Darwin does not mean your atamaticly a creationist just that you can’t have the total understanding of evolution.

• evalotion all the way :D

• @EmuGod:

I guess I’m a creationist too since I didnt read Darwin’s book, though as I’m explaining to mini_phreek right now, I don’t beleive that evolution contraditcs the bible.

i agree w/ EmuGod
    also i understand that there were many inconsistancies w/ Darwin’s book, and there were also some lapses in scientific acumen.
    Having said that, i wouldn’t read the book - at this point it would be like looking at a picture of a person with little labels pointing to the arms and legs after studying human anatomy. I’d be surprised if many scientists outside of some biologists and anthropologists have, actually.

• @mini_phreek:

just becase you have not read Darwin does not mean your atamaticly a creationist just that you can’t have the total understanding of evolution.

There is way more to the evolutionary “theory” than what Darwin contributed. If the only thing you know about evolution is Darwin’s interpretation, I think you are misinformed.

• @mini_phreek:

the main reson i belive in evoution is the fact that i can see it hapaning around me. i can see farmers selectivly breeding animals to produce variations. how come all domestic dogs are the same species but they look so much diferent? if god made man in his own image, why are we divided into seperate races each with unique fetures.

All that this shows is speciation. Speciation is not evolution. Evolution requires the addition of new genetic information. In speciation, there is no new genetic information.

• Darwin did not have all the tools for I to follow to his conclusions…

• Keep in mind, Darwin wrote the Origin of Species over a hundred years ago.

• yea, so was Marx’s Manifesto…

• Can I be both an Evolutionist and a creationist? :)

• No. :roll:

• There is way more to the evolutionary “theory” than what Darwin contributed. If the only thing you know about evolution is Darwin’s interpretation, I think you are misinformed.

Right ! Darwin’s explanation is out of date, science change, now we use different tools to understand evolution. You does not have a full understanding of evolution just by reading “the origin of species”… but anyway it’s an interesting book.

I don’t beleive that evolution contraditcs the bible.

The important is that the two does’nt go along in school, creationism “should” be taught in religion, evolutionism in biology.

also i understand that there were many inconsistancies w/ Darwin’s book, and there were also some lapses in scientific acumen.

Darwin was the second grand evolutionist, you cannot ask a theory to be perfect in the first time. It was still a lot better than Lamarck’s theory. And now our theory are far more advance than that.

@TG:

No. :roll:

In fact yes. You can believe evolution exist, but with the guidance of an anthropomorphic being (some people really need that). It’s what we call “Old Earth Creationism”, but there is also “Yougn Earth Creationism”, it’s the belief that evolution does’nt exist, just creation, it’s base on Fixism.

• Wow FinsterniS!!!
    i think that’s possibly the most objective post i’ve ever seen you present. Also i tended to agree with most of the statements you made (to some degree - at least those that i know something about.

• @cystic:

Wow FinsterniS!!!
    i think that’s possibly the most objective post i’ve ever seen you present. Also i tended to agree with most of the statements you made (to some degree - at least those that i know something about.

It’s because we often speak of subject like God and thing i have a very firm position. But you will certainly not like the message i just write in “The end of the World” (or something like it).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m