History repeats itself - for morons

• This is more WW1 history than 2, but it really annoys me.  People on the Lusitania being warned not to vacation in a WAR ZONE go anyway and die.  This somehow is someone else’s resp. than the IDIOTS who vacationed in a WAR ZONE!  I bring this up because you know during spring break - even though they have been warned… a bunch of idiots are going to go to Mexico… you know - A WAR ZONE!  And when they get killed, mugged, raped, whatever… they are going to act as if they are victems.  They are victems - of their own stupidity.

• I would not ever step in Mexico if you paid me 100K. My god its like the old west with the Cartwrights except the Cartwrights got shot or now work for some crime organization. No wonder they all came here.

• The NZ government issues a list of countries that citizens should avoid at all costs.

I would never, ever go to one of those places unless posted by work.

• @Zooey72:

And when they get killed, mugged, raped, whatever… they are going to act as if they are victems.

I only got one thing to say about that :

@ithkrall:

The NZ government issues a list of countries that citizens should avoid at all costs.

I would never, ever go to one of those places unless posted by work.

Agreed

• @Nickiow:

Ok, how about the 3000 US citizens in Japn at the outbreak of war, including those of holiday,  held in an internment camp in Hiroshima and all died from the atomic attack, also victims of stupidity?.

While Pearl Harbour was a surprise attack, it wasn’t a complete surprise that Japan declared war.

It would be comparable to being a US tourist in Iran last year. You knew things between Iran and the US were tense, just as people in 1941 knew things between Japan and the US were tense.

While i’m not saying those people deserved to die (no one deserves to die), people must take responsibility for ensuring their own safety.

Would you take a holiday to Baghdad today?

• Well done, you have shown me that people did go to Iran

That doesn’t mean it was a wise or clever decision considering the political situation at the time.

• @Nickiow:

@ithkrall:

Well done, you have shown me that people did go to Iran

That doesn’t mean it was a wise or clever decision considering the political situation at the time.

Well 2 millionish  ( and i was staggered it had such a level of toursim)  went and  thought it wise or unwise for them to do so, but i acept that they are free to make that choice for themselves, do you believe they are free to make that determination nof follow your choice for them as to its wisdom?.

I must have missed the news of any of them comming to harm, or any politcal action taken towards or against them,  so perhaps you can explain the unwisdom or lack of cleverness your thinking off?.

You were the one who raised the point about the US visitors to Japan and their rather unpleasant fate. I was merely commenting that people make unwise and poor decisions about travel even when they are well informed of the consequences. I admit, the loss of lives in WWII of tourists in Japan was lamentable, and most certainly a war crime.

I do think however that people should take responsibility for their actions and ensure their well being where possible. That means not being in a nation where conflict is likely to erupt, especially if those hostilities will be directed at your nation of origin.

Common sense prevails.

• @ithkrall:

Well, most of the people visiting Iran are muslims on pilgrimage to holy spots. They are safe, because of the muslim brotherhood ummha. But if you are a white boy or jew visiting Iran, they behead you for being a disbeliver and infidel. Its importent to make this clear.

But what is a clever decision ? Smoking and drinking will shorten your lifespan for sure, but some people do it anyway, just for fun. Diving, mountainclimbing, skydiving and driving a race-car is very dangerous, and according to your ethics not clever decisions. But then people have the choice to live their lifes to the edge and having a good time, or have a safe and dull life never leaving their home. Its pretty much a question about values.

But back to topic. Is Europe safe today ? We do see a lot of fighting and riots in London, Paris, Copenhagen and Malmø in Sweden, yes even in my own city Oslo we had riots this january. Its pretty much muslim terrorists that wage some kind of civil war against the white infidels. Only in Norway more than 12 000 ethnic norwegian girls was raped by muslims, and more than 50 white norwegians are killed by muslims last years. Last week some jews from Israel visited Malmø in Sweden, and the muslims made big riots there, se the pics.

Next pic is from London this week

So honestly I would say its not a clever decision to visit Europe today, unless you are a muslim terrorist. And as the topic says, “History repeats itself”

• @ithkrall:

Now if you put it that way, its not very clever to be born as a woman in a muslim country, because how they treat their women in general.

Also the UK government advice white and jewish people to stay out of Denmark, because of the danish muslim terrorists dont love infidels.

http:www.fco.gov.uk/en/travelling-and-living-overseas/travel-advice-by-country/europe/denmark

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m