• Send 1 tank 1 inf to alaska in J1 in order to commit the U.S to the pacific, with a view to take the pressure of Germany in the early game?

It might cause an “oh shit” reaction and bluff the U.S player into thinking your coming aggresivley for the WUS.

Whaddya think of this tactic? Or should I just focus on china/uk?

Thanks  :-D

Tarkonis - Noob  :roll:

• What do you want to accomplish with this move? If you really want to threath WSU or make him think that you do you have to move fleet up there aswell. this will end up with Japan not expanding as fast as they must and ending up with you loosing preciouse time. UK1 will be able to liberate Alaska pretty easy, if youre standing there with 1arm 1inf he migth have to use the bomber from UK to liberate it.

For this strat to work you need 4 transports of Japan shuffling 8 units to Alaska every turn + an IC in alaska and to support all those units you need the income of south pacific + NOs.

• Ok thanks for the advice  :mrgreen:

• If the allies go KGF or KIF, invading Alaska is a great way to distract the US from Europe.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I do not believe this is a wise move on Japan 1.

Actually, if you can set it up, it might be wiser to stage in the Solomon’s Sea Zone with the intent to take out Australia but with the possibility of hitting W. USA instead.

If the American player does not stay “honest” (ie builds in E. USA to invade Euro/Africa instead of building in W. USA and moving through the Canadas before transporting over, then you could snipe W. USA out and start building there seriously hampering the United States.

It’s the same trick I used to pull off in Revised.  Most players are not even looking at Japan’s invasion of W. USA.  If they are caught unawares, then it’s a simple thing to invade Alaska afterwards with units from Japan.

If they do see it, you’ve not committed units to a North American Invasion, you’ve committed them to a more standard Australia and Northwestern Asia invasion.  Cost to Japan is virtually zero in either scenario, potential cost to America is severe, potential cost to the allies if America sees it is what normally happens anyway.

• If you want to truly draw the US into the pacific take Hawaii and Wake turn one removing two NOs and putting some troops and alot of planes within range of the US.

• I would not let a Japanesse fleet with in 3 seazones of america without stacking infaint on West US and tanks in East US. If West US falls even a turn it takes any steam out of the allied boillers. A japanesse sinking of the US CV is possible in J1 aling wiht the invation of Wake, Midway and the Hawwain islands but that commits all you forces away form India, China and the cash rich south pacific. You would be killing your money suppy for a one round pound and run from America because without a fincal backing Japan cant take on the US.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

A lot of steam lost, sure, but the allies can still fight.

My game with TC is one where Germany fell, but so did America.  Who will win?  Probably the allies, but who knows, Japan’s got a pretty steady easy to defend 100 IPC a round while England and Russia have to split their 100 IPC 50/50.

• I have seen this done twice and both times it worked in either distracting the US player or having the US player commit resources to wipe out the threat on US1. Its a good strategy i think

• I think this strategy is good only if the Japanese player has fully established himself after a number of turns and has already taken India and has pushed into Eastern SU and also has finished China. Austrialia and the island groups must also be occupied so at the earliest i feel J4 is the right time to start this and only if Japan has 2 factories going and USA has just started its capabilities to effect the western front.

You will need 4 AP do do this and 8 Infantry landing each turn for the first 2 turns then all tanks after that. US player will go out of the war completely and have to deal with that force. You will also need to take Hawaii at the same time so you threaten the other territories so be prepared to land stuff in Mexico so he will need to keep placing infantry.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m