First game.. Opinions.. and lots of questions!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Tarkonis:

England may start out with the largest paycheck, but in a matter of one to two turns they get the smallest or at least second smallest with Italy having the smallest.

Just a brief look at strategies for you, by nation.

Germany:  Get Baltic States, East Poland and Ukraine round 1, sink the ships in SZ 12.
    Russia: Get tanks and artillery, try to push the Germans out of at least Ukraine, East Poland or Baltic States (to cost them their national objective.)  Reinforce Chinghai with the four infantry you have in Novosibirsk and Kazakh.
    Japan: Take Suiyuan, Yunnan, Hupeh, Kwangtung, Borneo, Sumatra/E. Indies, Philippines, sink the ships in SZ 56, SZ 53, SZ 35 and SZ 50 on Round 1; strengthen and push deeper into China. (That round 1 should give you 31 IPC +10 National Objective IPCs for a total of 41 IPC to spend on Japan 2.)
    England: Rebuild fleet, prepare to stage massive invasions into Africa to cut the Italians off.
    Italy:  Focus is primarily on Africa, you might want to save up and get a Carrier and a second fighter to defend your fleet against the Americans and British.
    China: Stall, one infantry in a territory can really slow down the Japanese.
    America: Either go 100% against Germany or go 100% against Japan.  You cannot really split your focus and expect to win in either arena.  I happen to think Japan is easier to crack than Germany, but I am in the distinct minority.

• @Cmdr:

I happen to think Japan is easier to crack than Germany, but I am in the distinct minority.

I agree. I’ve often seen the Japanese player not take a devoted USA seriously enough. In this case Japan looks good the first few turns but then it can get real ugly real fast.

• @Cmdr:

Just a brief look at strategies for you, by nation.

America: Either go 100% against Germany or go 100% against Japan.  You cannot really split your focus and expect to win in either arena.  I happen to think Japan is easier to crack than Germany, but I am in the distinct minority.

I think this is the greatest point of contention with respect to strategic discussions.

I imagine if the Axis focus primarily on Russia, this might be true as the Axis backdoor would be weak and open to concentrated efforts from USA.

However, a more balanced Axis game plan might be best countered with a balanced Allied game plan.

If this is indeed true that USA go to only KGF /  KJF, it is a sad statement on the balance of the game.

• Thanks very much for all the replies.

I hope you will forgive me but I briefly skimmed over the strats Jennifer… as after the last game we had a ‘gentlemens’ agreement that we should not look up strategies or ways to win on the internet, and instead figure it out for ourselves.

So, when we have our rematch i’ll let you know how I fared.  I think i’m going to throw a pump fake to the japs and go KGF.

Cheers

Tark

• @tarkonis:

So, when we have our rematch i’ll let you know how I fared.  I think i’m going to throw a pump fake to the japs and go KGF.

So what is the US pump fake?

I would like to hear your idea, not tell you what I think you should do…    :wink:

:-D

• @axis_roll:

I’m surprised a seasoned player like you hasn’t seen this one a_r.

The US Player puts on these high heels see…

• @Zero:

@axis_roll:

I’m surprised a seasoned player like you hasn’t seen this one a_r.

The US Player puts on these high heels see…

Thanks for the laugh!
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

• :-D lol funny.

Well I wasnt reffering to a strategy per se.  I just want to try and convince the jap player that im going KJF, but actually go KGF.

• @tarkonis:

Well I wasnt reffering to a strategy per se.  I just want to try and convince the jap player that im going KJF, but actually go KGF.

Are you going to be broadcasting propaganda?
    :-)

• Attention Japan!

Attention Japan!

The U.S are going to attack you!

Attention Germany…

Move along there is nothing to see here :mrgreen:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m