• If the I-ties and Germans pull mostly out of Afrika to own Russia would this effect the war to much because UK only has a few units in Afrika. They would probably try to slow the Japanese advance to Persia.
    If South Afrika had UK IC then that would be a bigger problem.

• Italy needs Algeria for one of its NOs and 2 of Egypt/Trans-Jordan/Gibraltar for the other.  Italy having 20-30 income a turn instead of 10 income a turn makes a pretty big difference, especially when Italy has the ability to rapidly move defensive forces to Western Europe, and launch fairly large invasions of the Caucasus.

• by not going after africa with primarily the italians there is a risk of the following:

less income to the italians and thus potentially less forces to help reinforce france and boosting the italian navy as a way to put preasure on the UK. Secondly you allow the UK to keep more income which they can use to build fleet (likely including a lot of shorebombardments) and landing forces to send to scandinavia, poland and france as the 3 primary targets probably.

if UK build a factory in south africa, then use your fleet and transporter (you should always have more than 1 so you can fully exploit your shorebombardments) and launch an attack with a couple of transporters, 3 shores and a fighter. Actually a factory in south africa can be a benefit for germany as this means less ipc used in smashing their atlantic wall (france and denmark).

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

As mentioned, it’s at least -14 IPC to Italy not going to Africa just in lost income from Jordan+Egypt+Libya+2 5 IPC NOs on top of the -1 IPC to Germany for not having Algeria.

But more than that, it’s a mess of IPC for England.

• In short, there is no justification for Italy not making a try for Africa, doing so more than pays itself off and does so near immediately, while failing to do so results in consequences so negative that it offsets any gain you would from directing your forces elsewhere.

• I agree with the above posters. Africa is far too important to ignore, for reasons already mentioned. In fact, this is the Axis “Achilles Heel” I think. Once the Allies regain control of Africa, Italy is basically out of the game, and if Germany and/or Japan aren’t yet close to taking down Russia, for all intents and purposes they are too.

• Then could it wait till I2

I1 attack on Gibraltar
    I2 attack on Egypt with 2 transports and 2 tanks 4 infantry a fighter and its shore bombards.

? Does Gibraltar take away a British NO ?

This could also let the Germans take their tank out of the south and get up to 8 tanks on the Russian front by G2

G1 one from France G2 the one form Libya

• gib takes commenwealth NO yes. luckily india isnt included, else that NO would be worthless.

u absolutley must fight in africa with italy. sending them to russia for shore shots is peanuts. they are not fighting for IPCs. each round  italy gets 20ish IPC  thats 5 inf / arm each round , with SBR 3 -5 inf. without africa, italy is almost at chineese production level. if italy falls and russia isnt in danger, i dare say the game is lost.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m