• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/11/brad-pitts-inglorious-bas_n_166093.html

I have a feeling this is gonna be my kind of flick.  :mrgreen:

• I love the last part.

• If any one liked WWII for the romantic duty, honor, country stuff this should cure that.  :evil:

• I’m not very much of a fan of Tarantino…I think he’s hackish (some stuff I’ve liked ok). Not much opinion for Brad Pitt.

But…I am hoping this is going to be a good film.  :lol:

• It costars Mike Myers, Cloris Leachman, Sam Jackson and Diane Kruger.

That really is an odd assortment.  And I wonder if Mr. Jackson is going to be typecast again. Ah, who cares as long Ms. Kruger shows off her Kubelwagen.

• Mr. Jackson is going to be typecast again

Well of course he will say: “Im tired of this -blank- and im not taking it anymore”

He must say that in everyone of his movies because it would be like Gary Coleman NOT saying “what choo talking about Willis”  now how can you imagine Gary not saying that?

If he does not say that line the movie wont make any money.

• @Imperious:

Mr. Jackson is going to be typecast again

Well of course he will say: “Im tired of this -blank- and im not taking it anymore”

He must say that in everyone of his movies because it would be like Gary Coleman NOT saying “what choo talking about Willis”  now how can you imagine Gary not saying that?

It would be like Arnold Schwarzenegger not saying “Get Down!”  “Come with me if you want to live!” “Hasta la vista, baby!” or “I’ll be back.” In Terminator, Terminator 2, Terminator 3, Commando, Preditor, Collateral Damage, The 6th Day, True Lies, Eraser or Total Recall.  :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

Is the film based on a true story? I’m guessing not,  but I’d like to know.

• I’m pretty sure not.

• Its a remake of an old film which is what QT always does: Take a cheesy blackploitation film  (usually with Fred Williamson in it) and get a bunch of hip actors to do shtick and throw in crazy plot twists and lots of guns.

• This movie is all about the violence. And that’s awesome.

Well, according to Wikipedia (yeah I know), It’s partially based off of an Italian film, I bet involving less violence. But hey, who cares?

• @Imperious:

Mr. Jackson is going to be typecast again

I know he was spoofing himself in Snakes on a Plane, but I think it got old fast.  It really makes his Star Wars appearance out of place.

Although I watched Unbreakable to see if he wasn’t playing his normal schtick because of a pic I saw him in where he’s sitting in a wheelchair with a lopsided afro.  :lol:

• Well some actors are just known for Schtick and that is what sells tickets. It may be a good or bad thing.

Remember that guy on I love Lucy who always have that line; “Yeeesssssssssss”?

Well i have seen him do that on Sanford and Son and like 8 other shows. He made a career doing that for 40 years.

• 2007 AAR League

Well, regardless of who’s in a movie, I prefer that they try to stretch the truth as little as possible in my historical films. That’s one of the reasons that I never watched the movie “Titanic”. That and the fact that they tried to turn a tragedy where 1500+ people lost their lives into a love story.

Another thing that bothers me about WWII movies in particular, is that they associate the Nazis with the German army. The Nazis were a political party running the country and not every German, let alone German soldier was a Nazi. But, at times, the average German soldier seems to be portrayed as someone who not only knew about what was going on in the death camps but also took his turn flipping the switch on the gas chambers so it makes it easy to view them as inhuman monsters deserving to be slaughtered rather than people who were just fighting for their country, albeit misguidedly.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m