• If all researchers fail, for each researcher that failed, mark a technology off the list (only 1, not 1 for each Chart).  If you succeed in research and roll that tech, reroll until you get a tech that hasn’t been marked off.  When you mark off the last tech of a Chart, you may instead give up all your Researchers and take that tech, then remove all marks from that Chart (the other Chart may still have marks).

In short, this ensures that the longer you have to wait for a tech, the better a tech it will probably be, and you WILL get a tech eventually.

This makes technology a safer but still unpredictable venture for all sides.

• the problem with researcher’s failing is that you can spend a lot of i.p.c. trying to get tech,

an idea that can be used is that for each researcher token that you buy, you have 1 more number that can be hit by rolling the dice, i.e. buy, 3 researcher token’s, you get a breakthrough if you roll a 4 -6, if you buy 4 token’s roll 2 dice individually, 1-3 on the first dice = no breakthrough, 6 on the second dice = a breakthrough, for each 3 token’s that you buy, you can roll a 4-6 on 1 dice to get a breakthrough

i know that most new tech that was developed during world war 2 was new technology that came from new idea’s, and required a lot of work and development, the idea of a researcher making a breakthrough and developing tech from that breakthrough is a great idea, however i think that tech is portrayed as too random, tech could be a lot more targeted,
    i.e the tech chart could be divided into group’s of 2 or 3, and when a breakthrough is made, the player could roll for a more targeted tech, there could be tech that is developed from the idea of greater industry, or new weaponry mechanism’s, or a breakthrough from aircraft or fuel engineering

another option would be that a player could roll 2 dice when they roll a breakthrough dice, and choose the best option for that time of the game,

• For Revised, Enhanced rules modified the tech to be less random

See this thread for the discussion os using the AARe concept in AA50:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=13277.0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m