Two Questions (Anti Aircraft Rules & Retreat rules)

• Hi everyone -

Just got my copy of AA50 and am absolutely loving it. (Haven’t played A&A since college about 6-7 years ago. Saw a copy of the Anniversary edition that was 50% off at a store closing sale and had to have it. Best. Purchase. Ever.)

Anyways, took the game for a spin the other day, but encountered a few questions and was wondering if I could find some clarification here.

#1)  Anti Aircraft Rules

I seem to remember something about only one AA gun being allowed per territory. Is this correct? If so, is it then correct to assume that you would have to move an AA gun out of a territory containing an Industrial Complex before mobilizing another?

#2)  Retreating from an amphibious assault?

Though the rules for a retreating attacker are clear, we encountered a situation where an amphibious assault was going bad, and an attacking player wanted his remaining units to retreat. Though in a normal circumstance this is possible, are units allowed to retreat back to a transport after an amphibious assault?

Thanks everyone in advance!

• @Cobblepot:

#1)  Anti Aircraft Rules

I seem to remember something about only one AA gun being allowed per territory. Is this correct? If so, is it then correct to assume that you would have to move an AA gun out of a territory containing an Industrial Complex before mobilizing another?

You can have more than 1 AA Gun per territory, either them being from the same country or different countries. However, during combat only 1 of them fires.

#2)  Retreating from an amphibious assault?

Though the rules for a retreating attacker are clear, we encountered a situation where an amphibious assault was going bad, and an attacking player wanted his remaining units to retreat. Though in a normal circumstance this is possible, are units allowed to retreat back to a transport after an amphibious assault?

Thanks everyone in advance!

Ground units brought by transport can’t retreat during amphibious assaults and have to fight to death. Only planes and ground units that moved by land can retreat.

• Excellent, thank you very much for the clarification!

• Welcome Cobblepot!  AA50 is a great game.  If you run into problems finding opponents and/or time to play,
    then check out AA50 Modules for Battlemap, and try PBF (Play by Forum) here on this website.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m