The Cyber Security Enhancement Act

• Well do I really care? :) Nothing to hide… yet

• isn’t there a loose system of this in place with regards to phone use? I’d have fun when talking to American friends and throw words like “bomb” and “president of the United States” and “White house” and “assassinate” out there just in case :D

• It doesn’t work like that. Basically, what this act is saying, is that your isp can release any electronic records, or information about you that they have to any Government employee who requests it. Previous to this you would need a warrant or “imminent danger”. It doesn’t involve any wide spread monitoring of computer systems.

• @cystic:

isn’t there a loose system of this in place with regards to phone use? I’d have fun when talking to American friends and throw words like “bomb” and “president of the United States” and “White house” and “assassinate” out there just in case :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :) :-? :o :oops:

• @Yanny:

It doesn’t work like that. Basically, what this act is saying, is that your isp can release any electronic records, or information about you that they have to any Government employee who requests it. Previous to this you would need a warrant or “imminent danger”. It doesn’t involve any wide spread monitoring of computer systems.

Ok, I understand what you’re saying.
    But, Yanny, why would the government single out YOU…aside from the other 300 million Americans, for monitoring. Obviously they have something to be suspicious about, otherwise Uncle Sam wouldn’t give a rats-ass about me.

P.S.: I think I agree with you, but I haven’t made up my mind yet. :wink:

• @Deviant:Scripter:

Ok, I understand what you’re saying.
    But, Yanny, why would the government single out YOU…aside from the other 300 million Americans, for monitoring. Obviously they have something to be suspicious about, otherwise Uncle Sam wouldn’t give a rats-ass about me.

P.S.: I think I agree with you, but I haven’t made up my mind yet. :wink:

Someone else quoted it on this board, in another context, but i will repeat it (it’s not by me anyway, and just AFAIR):

When they came for the communists, i didn’t say anything, as i was no communist.
    When they came for the jews, i didn’t say anything, as i was no jew.
    When they came for the catholics, i didn’t say anything, as i was no catholic.
    When they came for me, noone could say anything, as noone was left.

• Lets say a someone wants to get someone’s credit card number. They can get it, easy. Lets say a someone wants to blackmail someone. They can do it, easy. Lets say someone is a pervert and wants to know where you’ll be sunday, they can do it, easy.

And every journey must start with a first step. This opens the door for more serious acts to be passed. Thats my problem with a lot of President Bush’s policys. They individually don’t affect me much. However, they are an open door for lawmakers to pass more and more laws limiting our privacy and the powers of the public. What happens when someone proposes a video screen in all rooms but the bedroom and bathroom? Now, theres nothing I do that I don’t want to be seen, right?

• that would be a great day!

• @Yanny:

Lets say a someone wants to get someone’s credit card number. They can get it, easy. Lets say a someone wants to blackmail someone. They can do it, easy. Lets say someone is a pervert and wants to know where you’ll be sunday, they can do it, easy.

And every journey must start with a first step. This opens the door for more serious acts to be passed. Thats my problem with a lot of President Bush’s policys. They individually don’t affect me much. However, they are an open door for lawmakers to pass more and more laws limiting our privacy and the powers of the public. What happens when someone proposes a video screen in all rooms but the bedroom and bathroom? Now, theres nothing I do that I don’t want to be seen, right?

:lol: I would just masturbate all day, saying to the Vidoe screen " This is what I think of your Government"

• LMAO
    That’s RIDICULOUS!!!

• Try not to make icebergs out of icecubes…

• @TG:

Try not to make icebergs out of icecubes…

I couldn’t have said it better myself! :P

PS…check out this Yanny: http://www.city-journal.org/html/eon_11_25_02hm.html

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m