• Just wondering if anyone has tried to tweak the turn sequence by letting Russia go first?  I’m thinking this simple solution may make the '41 scenario more balanced.  Thoughts?

• bad idea imho. you cant really tell who has upper hand right now. needs time and lots of games by lots of people.

• I agree atarihuana.  Letting Russia go first is far too swingy.  They probably won’t attack many German sectors, but allowing them to pull back to establish defensive lines makes it very difficult for Germany to push into Russia.

If you want to rebalance the game, I suggest you look to Africa or the Pacific.

• @I:

Just wondering if anyone has tried to tweak the turn sequence by letting Russia go first?  I’m thinking this simple solution may make the '41 scenario more balanced.  Thoughts?

Sounds like you think the allies need help.

How many games have you played, with what optional rules (N.O.'s, tech)?

I am just trying to gauge how you have come to the conclusion that the 1941 scenario is not balanced.

• @axis_roll:

@I:

Just wondering if anyone has tried to tweak the turn sequence by letting Russia go first?  I’m thinking this simple solution may make the '41 scenario more balanced.  Thoughts?

Sounds like you think the allies need help.

How many games have you played, with what optional rules (N.O.'s, tech)?

I am just trying to gauge how you have come to the conclusion that the 1941 scenario is not balanced.

Basically from the games I’ve played and from other posts here.  Just for numbers sake, a couple people here have numerous games and the ratio is 3-1 in favor of the Axis.  I myself have only played 4 games (always with NO and Tech) with the Axis winning all 4 but the Allies made a very strong run in one game.  The only problem with that is that had very favorable rolls.

• Ideal Turn Sequence

UK
    UK
    UK
    US
    US
    US
    Rus
    Rus
    Rus
    Rus
    Germ