• Steelers win 6 superbowl.  You face Pittsburgh in superbowl, you lose.  6 wins in 43 superbowl.  No other team come close.

• @F6FHellcat:

Steelers win 6 superbowl.  You face Pittsburgh in superbowl, you lose.  6 wins in 43 superbowl.  No other team come close.

Well as much as I hate to say it didn’t the 49ers (hate 'em) beat them to five Lombardi Trophies? Doesn’t that count as close?  :-)

I also seem to recall some team in the 90’s beating the old Black and Gold in a Superbowl?  So facing the Steel Curtain isn’t certain defeat. :wink:

Big congrats to the Steelers and especially former Buckeye Santonio Holmes for his MVP performance.  :mrgreen:

• I try not remember superbowl 30.  Dallas not beat Pittsburgh.  Is lie.

• @F6FHellcat:

I try not remember superbowl 30.  Dallas not beat Pittsburgh.  Is lie.

Og good football.  Og drink.

I remember that bowl.  I was glad Dallas was good when I was a kid, because it looks like it will be a while before they do anything outstanding.  Maybe someone needs to learn the Heimlich for Romo.

• Thanks to that Dallas game, Neil O’Donnell can’t show his face in PGH for fear of getting mugged/beaten/killed.

BUT, I am very happy about the 6th win.  No matter which way it went, it would’ve made history; I’m just glad it was my team…  :-D

I was rooting for the Cardinals, but I must say either way it was one of the most amazing Superbowls ever. The 100 Yard Interception run by Harrison, the amazing catch by Fitzgerald in the endzone and then the 64 Yard Touchdown by the same, then the Steelers drive with 2:30 on the clock and the impossible catch.

Simply amazing…

GG

• @Jermofoot:

@F6FHellcat:

I remember that bowl.  I was glad Dallas was good when I was a kid, because it looks like it will be a while before they do anything outstanding.  Maybe someone needs to learn the Heimlich for Romo.

Amen, brother! The playoff victory drought for the Dallas Cowboys is sickening. As a Cowboy fan I’m glad I was a teenager in the early 90’s so I can cherish those three championships.

• @ABWorsham:

@Jermofoot:

@F6FHellcat:

Amen, brother! The playoff victory drought for the Dallas Cowboys is sickening. As a Cowboy fan I’m glad I was a teenager in the early 90’s so I can cherish those three championships.

Honestly, they have the talent.  I don’t think all the talk about TO or JJ or whatever is the problem at all (although I’m sure it would help a bit to address those too).

The number one thing they can do is get Romo to calm down and focus.  They either lose in the playoffs or lose the deciding game to make it in the playoffs because Romo can’t do his job underpressure.  Which is really a deathblow for an otherwise good QB.

They’ll be back eventually though.

Anyway, this Super Bowl was a great one to enjoy.  I was a little more partial to the Steelers, but would have liked Arizona to get their first SB win.  I do think last year’s game was more exciting, but not by too much.

• @Jermofoot:

@ABWorsham:

@Jermofoot:

@F6FHellcat:

Honestly, they have the talent.  I don’t think all the talk about TO or JJ or whatever is the problem at all (although I’m sure it would help a bit to address those too).

The number one thing they can do is get Romo to calm down and focus.  They either lose in the playoffs or lose the deciding game to make it in the playoffs because Romo can’t do his job underpressure.  Which is really a deathblow for an otherwise good QB.

They’ll be back eventually though.

Anyway, this Super Bowl was a great one to enjoy.  I was a little more partial to the Steelers, but would have liked Arizona to get their first SB win.  I do think last year’s game was more exciting, but not by too much.

I believe the Dallas Cowboys lack locker room leadership. They need a field commander. The team does have telent, I confidently say they are among the top three most talented teams in the NFL. But talent alone can not win a championship.

When the Cowboys played the Steelers this December, Cowboys won the first 56 minutes of that game. They lost, because when it came down to digging within themselves to find a way to finish a championship type game they found nothing.

• '19 Moderator

I think it was the bes SB I’ve ever watched, to bad I was in iraq with no beer…

I was for the Cardinals, The refs cheated, I think they had money on the steelers, it will all come out eventualy…

Well, at least we set some records, most penalty yards in a SB… lol

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m