• My friends and i were playing and we got the idea.  Why not have POWs?  So here is what we came up with.

Only land units can be captured.  (artillery, inf and tanks)

Before a battle begins the attacker offers the defender a chance to surrender.  If the defender says no battle resumes.  If they say yes, the attacker takes the territory.  The defenders units are put on thier sides to show that they are now POWs.  For each unit captured the attacker must have one inf defending each POW.  POWs can be liberated if the the territory they are in is captured by thier own army or thier allies.

POWs also have the option of escaping.  The POWs mother contry pays half of that units cost (round down) then they roll a dice for inf if they get a 3 or less they go to the closest allied space.  Artilery need a 2 or less and tanks need a one.

Well what do you think?

• This might be better off in the house rules.

In before the lock!

• interesting idea. i don’t know about the ‘pay to escape’ part though. it seems it would be cheaper and easier to just buy units and liberate the territory and POW’s the old fashioned way. i’d hate to invest in these captured units and then get terrible roles and not save any

• You have been reading my rules it seems:

from optional rules page .9 ( in the AA50 House rules thread)

POW: During land combat a player may elect to surrender his forces that are defending. He may not roll on defense on the round he declares his intention of surrendering.

Each unit surrendering rolls one D6: 1-3= the player gets 1 IPC, roll 4-6= the player gets 2 IPC.

This income is placed in the player’s treasury for use on the next turn and is justified to represent soldiers who escaped the surrender and some usable equipment managed to get back. The unit is exchanged with an infantry unit and is now ‘captured’ by the attacking player and kept separately and technically these prisoners are held in the capital territory.

At times during the games player may “exchange “prisoners during your active turn. Units are exchanged at 1:1 basis and placed in a factory. If you capture an enemy capital that has some of your troops, you gain these once you capture the capital immediately.

every idea that is good has already been discovered.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m