Problems playing on Windows XP (plz help)

• get some thing differt then micrisoft

• I Dont think it is the xp, it is directx8.1. even with 98 if you upgrade to 8.1 it fubars.

• is directx made by microsoft?

• Yes, Microsoft makes DirectX.

• '10

I have compiled a list of possible fixes for this problem. Shoot me an email at kar70@epix.net and I’ll pass on the email to you.

KURT.

• @SSnake8:

Yes, Microsoft makes DirectX.

then its c*apy

• @cystic:

Here’s the answer.
    Uninstall WinXP. Take your WinXP disc and put it in the microwave. Now set it for high power for approximately a minute. Watch the pretty light show.
    Now install an OS that works onto your computer. Beg borrow or steal either win98 or Win2000 (or both, as i did).

How horrible, CC! What a waste of perfectly useful microwaves and energy!

• LOL :lol:

• First, you must follow the Readme.txt solution for a video problem. This is the reduce the Hardware acceleration to 1 below the maximum setting. Do this from the Display Settings Advanced dialog.

Second, for Win98/Win2K/WinXP you will need to adjust the DirectX settings. Open the program dxdiag.exe from your computer. Windows installs this to different locations, but the likely places are:

• C:\Program Files\DirectX
    • C:\WINNT\ServicePackFiles\i386

You are best off just performing a file search to locate it. Run the program and then click on the Display tab (if there are multiple display tabs, select the first one). Disable AGP and Direct3D. Make sure that DirectDraw is enabled. After this, click on “Test DirectDraw” to perform several display tests. These should all be successful.

I have tested this out on Win98 and W2K SP4, both using DirectX 9.0a.

If this don’t work, you got otha’ problems.

• '10

Have you been able to play on the MSN Gaming Zone with directx9.0 using the technique you describe?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m