• My cousin just bought this game and I played it for the first time the other night.

Highly recommended.

• every time i hear that games title i repeat that Beatles song in my head. Arrg…

It is an excellent game! My family likes to game but hate set up time and complex rules, so this is perfect. Also if you want to introduce anyone to Eurogaming this is your ticket, no pun intended.

GG

• It really is a great game.  Which version did you play?  I started with the American version, then went to the European version. It’s a lot more cutthroat.

• I have seen it (and by that I mean the box).  I have not heard any bad things about this game but I have no idea what the plot is.

Could someone give me a discription of the game concept.

• Never played it either but I can vouch that the Battlelore and Memoir '44 sets are of good quality. I would expect the quality of Ticket to Ride to be similar.

Here is the Ticket To Ride web page. There is even a link to a pdf of the rules there. It is a good site.

• @LT04:

I have seen it (and by that I mean the box).  I have not heard any bad things about this game but I have no idea what the plot is.

Could someone give me a discription of the game concept.

If you didn’t check out Frimmel’s link, I’ll try to explain.

The object of the game is to score as many points as possible. You score points by 1) connecting cities with your cars 2) completing a destination ticket 3) having the longest continuous route at the end of the game.

You complete this by receiving a few destination tickets with routes on them at the beginning of the game.  On your turn, you draw cards.  There is some special thing with that that I don’t recall exactly, something like you can pickup the top discard or the best of 3 face down cards.  You collect the cards that have a color specification (or in some cases, a wild card), and then you use those cards to complete a route between 2 cities.  These have a certain number of rail cars in a specific color, and you have to match in cards & color to claim the route.  If it is already claimed, you can’t take it.

The USA version is pretty straightforward, but the European version is much tighter and a lot more overlay between players trying to complete routes.  It also has some special rules for tunnels and ferrys, I think.

• Frimmel, that was an awesome site.

But I don’t think that’s a game I’d get into.  I’m thinking of getting Conquest of the Empire or Age of Mythology next.

• The Days of Wonder website is very nicely done. You get the idea that they are actually interested in people playing their games.

• I just saw that Ticket to Ride was released on Xbox Live Arcade, so I may have to do some online gaming.

And that makes me think if there is ever a possibility of A&A coming to XBLA…  :-o

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m