• Tonight I recorded the CD-ROM Axis & Allies soundtrack on my PC to MP3s. I enjoyed hearing these musical pieces again after many years (I used to listen to them a great deal while playing the computer version).  It’s available here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q7GR53BM

Atmosphere can result from playing these tracks during board game play.  Thus, I made this set for myself and thought that I should share it with other players.

There are many nice touches: the polka in the German track, the Japanese segment in the US track (providing appropriate contrast), and the instrumental variations in these and the other tracks.

Re-listening revealed that I never really got around to appreciating the second half of these tracks (I usually whipped through my turns against the AI and thus didn’t get a chance).  The end credits are also worth hearing for Larry Harris’s comments.

Seeing this game again reminded me how much I enjoyed the PC version.  Though it had a few glitches and a weak AI, I enjoyed it very much.  I’d love to see a PC version of the Anniversary edition of A&A (which I just bought)!

• We usually just play the Imperial March when it’s the axis’ turn… have to check this out…  aaahh, the pc version… those were days…

nice job lema

• Lema,

listened to the soundtrack last night, it really does add to the atmosphere and gave Russia the will to fight on!

sounds great!

• This is the greatest!!!

I used to hum that American tune all the time and drive people crazy.

The Japanese one was catchy too.

• Thanks, guys.

Yeah, these tunes can be catchy - be careful.  I find myself humming them at random times and I can’t stop -  aughhh!  :-)

• Um, I know given the recent circumstances it might be… quite risky, but do you mind reupping this to another site, say mediafire? Many thanks would be given.

I remember coming across this on 4chan’s /rs/ board one day, never knew it was YOUR upload.

If you can’t, let me just say, it was awesome that you did.

EDIT: I remember on Youtube someone was playing the Iron Blitz version of the game. The tunes sounded pretty boss.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’m also looking for the same files!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m