• Hiya friends at the Forums,

So we played last night and we came accross an un-unsure how to play a rule, and it was the Breakthrough Chart 1 - Rockets.

So what are the steps after you get this special move…? Understand you can bomb the Industrial Complex within a range of three, and 1d6 ( roll of one die )…? But do you have to have a bomber in place to use this special feature…?
    The wording is terrible in the rules ( and we read the extra rules too, and still didn’t make sence! )

Please help anyone!

• Official Q&A

No, you don’t have to have a bomber in place.  The rocket attack acts like a bomber attacking the industrial complex, except there is no AA defense.

You simply announce which AA guns are attacking which industrial complexes and roll one die for each, doing damage to the complex as though a bomber had conducted a strategic bombing raid against it.  The target IC must be within three spaces of the attacking AA gun.  Only one AA gun per territory may fire, and each industrial complex can only be targeted by one AA gun.  If you have two AA guns in two different territories, they can each target a different IC, but they can’t both target the same IC.

• I think I know the answer to this, but if an AA gun fires a rocket, can it then move during NCM, or is the rocket fire considered a combat and therefore ends the AA units turn?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Just like in previous incarnations of the game, firing a rocket from an AA Gun counts as a combat move and thus, the AA Gun would not be allowed to move during Non-Combat.

• Official Q&A

Jennifer’s right.  :-)

• Thanks to both of you.  I was pretty sure that was the case, but
    A) I couldn’t remember definitively from older versions because there’s no tech in most (league, tourney) games around here so I’ve never fired them 
    B) the rules for AA50 (which I did look at) seem less explicit
    and
    C) [[i]perhaps most important] I was too lazy to go back and look at how it was explained in the prior versions

• @Cmdr:

Just like in previous incarnations of the game, firing a rocket from an AA Gun counts as a combat move and thus, the AA Gun would not be allowed to move during Non-Combat.

But you may move the AA gun and fire it during the Combat Move step.  Right?
    So, for example, Germay builds an IC in France, then Russia unlocks Rockets on its first turn.  Russia may, during its Combat Move Step, Move the AA gun from Russia to Eastern Ukraine and fire at Germany, use the Caucaus AA gun to fire at Italy, and use the Karelia AA gun to fire at France.

• no. the aa gun may only move during non-combat. unless it is cargo on a transport (loaded prior turn). may only be unloaded during non combat…

pg.24

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m