The Burma Road: A Chinese National Objective?

• I only have experience with the 41’ version so far, but it seems to me that maybe some kind of “extra bonus income” for the Chinese would be nice in this version. I don’t really have any issues with the game as is, but just a thought here.

I was thinking of how the Chinese have gotten steam rolled by the Japanese every game I’ve played of the 41’ game.

It seems like a National Objective on China’s behalf would be interesting to try. I was thinking along the lines of…

The Burma Road: The Chinese recieve one extra infantry for each turn that the Allies control Burma.

Anyone have any thoughts on this, as far as for the 41’ version of the game is concerned? :-)

• Unusable with current OOB rules and setup. Japan will conquer Yunnan 1st round and allies will not recover it at time to China survive and use it. China needs being a full power to give allies a chance in 1941, each time I see the board and that…. page 10 of rulebook, I get more convinced of this.

However, it’s clear that Burma road should be a NO for China when fixed or modded. Karma +1

Edit: By the way, Burma alone should not be enough. You should have Burma, Yunnan and India (just checked your rule again)

• I suppose if you did allow an additional Chinese infantry for Allied control of Burma, you could run into the situation where the Japanese have gained control of all of the Chinese territories and the Allies have control of Burma. What would happen then; if all Chinese territories are Japanese controlled and the Allies have possession of Burma?

I would say in that case, the lone Chinese infantry generated from “The Burma Road” could then be placed in any unoccupied Chinese territory (those with only the National Chinese symbol in them).

@Funcioneta:

However, it’s clear that Burma road should be a NO for China when fixed or modded. Karma +1

Edit: By the way, Burma alone should not be enough. You should have Burma, Yunnan and India (just checked your rule again)

Hey, Thanks for the Karma! I’m new to these boards, and I’m not real sure what the Karma is all about, but I take it that plus Karma is a good thing!   :-)

Well, you’re right about the Burma Road actually extending all the way from India to Yunnan. However, I was just thinking along the lines of something as simple as possible that might provide the Chinese in the 41’ game with maybe an additional infantry unit (or two) to help slow up the Japanese.

And if you were to allow a unit to “pop up” in the Chinese interior after the Japanese have swept through (should the Allies be fortunate enough to retake Burma), that might be interesting too.

Again, just a thought here, I’m one of those who have played the 41’ game few enough times at present to be pretty happy with it so far. I will have to play the dog snot out of the game before I start to form any strong opinions on the game, and that’s likely take some time for me considering family and work schedules! :-)

In the meantime, I’ll be relying on the opinions of those who have accrued some serious game time. BTW, how would I give + Karma back at you on here? Or is that even possible for an FNG?

• Good idea!  +1 Karma also

It would be nice if there were a Chinese National Objective.  I like this Burma Road idea, but I agree with Funcioneta that for the 1941 senario it may just be wasted.

I would like to see a NO for China like, ""If at the beginning of the US/China turn, China controls no Fighters (the Flying Tigers), then the US, in its Purchase Units Phase, may spend 10 IPCs (I would be willing to pay up to 5 IPCs more to represent the cost of unit tranportation to China.) to purchase 1 Fighter for China to be placed on a Chinese territory during the Place New Units Phase.

kaufschtick, Karma is a representation of (supposedly) how well you and your ideas are liked in this forum.  After you haved posted 100 posts, then the +1/-1 Karma option will appear for you underneath the names of the people who have posted.

• I just had to find this thread on here after having recently been playing the dog snot out of AAP40.

I had to smile when I saw the Chinese National Objective! :-D

I told my good friend in Dayton, “Hey, they saw and used my idea! That was my idea!”

:-D :-D :-D

• The Chinese in 1941 are hopelessly underpowered.

It’s a shame too that they couldn’t be more than a mere stumble in the road for Japan on their way to Moscow thru the middle.  Evne with some heavy Soviet help, the delay is only one or two turn (maximum), and those Russian units are 100% better served fighting the Germans.

• Huarong spend Fox Trader Trader log gold blog blog
    ( the microblogging log in to your home you can open your account in gold micro- Bo )
    Loading …
    Notice
    loading …
    article classification
    loading …
    recommended articles
    loading …
    access statistics
    Loading …
    links
    loading …
    list of articles
    loading …
    into the more micro- Bo > > ; I also go shopping in the online microblogging gold

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m