• Hey all,

Lets say for example I am the Americans and I take an island do I capture the Japanese supplies there or are they destroyed?

Thanks,
    LT

• Official Q&A

You capture them.

• IF you eliminated ALL the Japanese defenders when you took the island.

If you simply gain control of the island but defenders remain you do not take their supplies.

Supplies are only destroyed when a ship they are traveling on is sunk.

• Official Q&A

That’s true.  In order to capture enemy airfields and/or supplies on an island, you must eliminate all of the enemy’s land units on that island, not just take control of the island itself by having the more powerful forces.

• OK that’s what I thought.

Thanks,
    LT

• I pulled this quote from the AACG strategy from this site…

http://www.axisandallies.org/node/325

“Submarines work well in groups but commit them to a target one at a time. With submarines you get to choose your target, the more subs you have shooting at the same target the better chance you have of sinking it. When you get your multiple subs together, be sure to move and then attack with them one at a time. If the first one hits, the next one can try with a different target.”

Is that true or do you have to commit all your subs to their perspective target before they attack?

Another question I had was how many victory points are ships worth?  I’ve been looking at the rule book but when I get home it’s well after dark so little things like comprehension don’t work as well as one would hope.

• You move and choose a target and resolve the attack one sub at a time.

Sinking a battleship or aircraft carrier is worth 1 victory point.

• Thank you sir, you’re a gentleman and a scholar.  :-D

• Official Q&A

Yes, he is!  I’d also like to point out that damaged ships aren’t returned to the appropriate Base Card until all subs have fired, so if one sub damages a ship, another can have a chance to finish it off.

• @LT04:

Thank you sir, you’re a gentleman and a scholar.   :-D

@Krieghund:

Yes, he is!  I’d also like to point out that damaged ships aren’t returned to the appropriate Base Card until all subs have fired, so if one sub damages a ship, another can have a chance to finish it off.

:oops: Thanks Guys.

• Krieghund since you brought up damaged ships…

Do they return at the end of the Sea combat?  Are they limited to two space movements to get there?

Thanks in advance.

• @LT04:

Krieghund since you brought up damaged ships…

Do they return at the end of the Sea combat?  Are they limited to two space movements to get there?

Thanks in advance.

Damaged ships go directly to the damaged area on your base card no matter how many spaces away at the end of the phase they were damaged in. There are only two such phases- the end of either Move and attack with subs or attack naval units.

• That was how I read the rule book but I thought it was kind if odd they jump to light speed to get home when there broken.

Thanks + 1,

LT

• i have a question. The north islan of the slot (if your japan) at the beginning of the game has 1 japanesse soldier, 1 supply token and an artilley i think. The square that indicates the japanesse inical troops appears to me that its on a tiny separate piece of land from that island, my question is  should the island be treated as a whole or does the little land parts detached are separate little islands and thus require a transport to move the land units to the main island.

• Official Q&A

Welcome to the forums!

The smaller, nameless islands are considered to be part of the larger islands as far as gameplay is concerned.  They’re just there to make the map look nice.  Only islands with names are actual game spaces.

• There are only six islands plus the base card islands for 8 total. Most islands border more than one sea zone.

• Thanks for the answer, i have one more questions which regards the use of submarines. Do destroyers need to be present for other units (planes, ships, artilley) to attack subs? acording to my understanding of the rules subs can attack y their move phase but remain in that sea zone sorrounded by the enemy fleet and can be attacked by all that fleet meaning it will likely be destroyed. This is why sometimes i am reluctant to use my subs. COuld some one clarify this for me please. Thanks.

• @gebs99:

Thanks for the answer, i have one more questions which regards the use of submarines. Do destroyers need to be present for other units (planes, ships, artilley) to attack subs? acording to my understanding of the rules subs can attack y their move phase but remain in that sea zone sorrounded by the enemy fleet and can be attacked by all that fleet meaning it will likely be destroyed. This is why sometimes i am reluctant to use my subs. COuld some one clarify this for me please. Thanks.

:cry: I’m going to change my signature to read “Forget the other A&A games you’ve played when you play Battle of The Bulge and Guadalcanal. Don’t bring anything from the other games or you will become confused.” :lol:  :wink:

Destroyers are not required in order to attack subs.

Subs are naval units and subject to attack during the attack naval units combat step when in the same sea zone as enemy units.

Your sub shots at a single vessel amongst a big enemy fleet are quite likely to result in the destruction of your sub in the subsequent naval attack step. Subs, fighters and destroyers don’t have a long life expectancy.

:-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m