Can new carriers sport already built fighters?

• All right people, solve this dispute please. A friend and I have been playing for more than ten years, but the new rules do not state that already built fighters can be placed on newly built carriers (not specifically). How should this be handled? It is not always a big deal but for the allies on round two (41) could cause some defense issues for the brit fleet.

Any help would be appreciated.

• I think as long as the figs are in a territory that is adjacent to the sea zone where the CV is built its legal.  Also if the figs are returning from combat/non-combat I think you can “park” them in the sea zone that the CV will be built and then place them on the new carrier.

• Yup.  If you move your fighter (in the non-combat phase) to the sea zone that you plan on placing the new CV in, that fighter can ‘land’ on that CV.

• @deadbunny:

the new rules do not state that already built fighters can be placed on newly built carriers (not specifically)

Page 21 of the AA50 manual, section “Where units can move”:
    “A fighter may land in a sea zone that is adjacent to an industrial complex you own if you will be placing an aircraft carrier that you previously purchased in that zone.”

On Revised the rule was different, page 22, section “Restrictions on placement”:
    "Newly built carriers can enter play withfighters aboard, whether those fighters were built this turn or
    were already in the territory containing the industrial complex.

• sweet thanks…. we only get together once every few months and its our first time playing aa50…this will change things…

• Official Q&A

@captainjack:

I think as long as the figs are in a territory that is adjacent to the sea zone where the CV is built its legal.

I just want to make it clear that in AA50 you cannot move an existing fighter in the territory containing the mobilizing IC onto a new carrier during the Mobilize New Units phase.  The only way to get an existing fighter onto a new carrier is for the fighter to end its combat or noncombat movement in the sea zone in which the carrier will be mobilized.

• @Krieghund:

@captainjack:

I think as long as the figs are in a territory that is adjacent to the sea zone where the CV is built its legal.

I just want to make it clear that in AA50 you cannot move an existing fighter in the territory containing the mobilizing IC onto a new carrier during the Mobilize New Units phase.  The only way to get an existing fighter onto a new carrier is for the fighter to end its combat or noncombat movement in the sea zone in which the carrier will be mobilized.

Ahhh, didn’t know that.  Thanks Krieghund!

• So, if I have two fighters in the Western US, I can noncom them into the adjacent seazone and build the carrier underneath them, so to speak.  Is that correct or am I being thick headed.

• That is exactly how it works with existing fighters roguepanzer.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m