OK, OK so we've been playing AAA, so who has been winning? Axis or Allies??

• OK hope this poll works OK…

Do not place votes on the 1941 or 1942 scenario set up question line, just vote for either the Axis as the winner of your game or the Allies as the winner of your game playing that particular scenario.

If you want to explain the options you used playing that scenario, please go right ahead and enlighten us about your experience.

Thanks.

• For AA50 I have player 3 games so far. Winning all 3. For 1941, it was 1 Axis, and 1 Allied win. And for 1942 it was an Axis win. All games were played with NO’s and tech. Very few tech rolls, with the exception of Gremany getting rockets 1st turn on a lucky roll in 42.

41 seemed slightly Axis favored, and 42 about even.

• This thread tell you everything you need to know:  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=12942.0

From personal experience, Axis seem to have the advantage in 1941.  In 1942, the game feels balanced, with a slight advantage to the Allies.

• Out of 7 games played, 4 Allied wins, 3 Axis wins.

• most of the '41 games i’ve played in end in an allied victory, mostly because the UK player defends each and every one of his territories to the last man and gets a 50+ IP income every turn. The one game that the Allies lost was when Japan went full into tech turn 1 and snagged jet fighter and long range aircraft, which was more r less game over for the Allies. :x

• I would have to do some digging to find the exact numbers since I have played so many games. With over 20 played '41 with NOs and tech seems balanced.

With 3 or 4 games of '42 played I have yet to see the Allies win.

• Really?.. Really?.. For reals you guys are finding a Axis advantage?

I’ve probably got 10 or so '41 games in, and all but two have been a Allied victory. This is with NO’s and tech and all players were experienced. It’s actually getting to the point where  we might have to bid for Axis to get any of the players to agree to play German side.

We’ve had one '42 game and it was a allied blowout.

• i’ve played games on both set-ups, and had both sides win. probably leaning at more axis victories though

don’t know how the allies are winning so much in your games Guy. maybe your axis players need some practice?

• Well we all take turns being Axis. It’s basicly the same three people I’ve played these games out, so it’s hard to say if our Axis game needs work.I’ve read the posts on Germany moves but in the end the games all end the same. Germany gets right up next to Russia but because the Allies are nipping on Germanys butt, it’s unable to keep a front going and ultimatly fails at Russias doorstep. And if Germany actually gets Russia Allies are able to take Germany same round.

Would love to expand my play sessions with more people to see new styles of play strategy.

Maybe you’re Allied players need some practice? :P

• touche  :-P

• Try this with Germany Guy. Start fortifying France from Turn one. Purchase 1 bomber a round with Germany for taking down Allied fleets and trade battles on the east front. Send 1 infantry around to France from Germany. Do not over extend with Germany into Russia. Sometimes it is better on the east front to either hold you ground or even back up a bit than to just run out of gas on Moscow’s doorstep.

• @GUY:

Well we all take turns being Axis. It’s basicly the same three people I’ve played these games out, so it’s hard to say if our Axis game needs work.I’ve read the posts on Germany moves but in the end the games all end the same. Germany gets right up next to Russia but because the Allies are nipping on Germanys butt, it’s unable to keep a front going and ultimatly fails at Russias doorstep. And if Germany actually gets Russia Allies are able to take Germany same round.

Would love to expand my play sessions with more people to see new styles of play strategy.

Maybe you’re Allied players need some practice? :P

Nope. I would say axis players need stop thinking they are still playing Classic version. If USA is so kind of giving Pacific to Japan, why should Japan be so kind too? If you see USA don’t build Pacific fleet, setup your attack to mainland America by Alaska. Keep going more and more guys to America and USA will have to stop pression on Germany. If you are playing 1941, you should have economic advantage round 3 or 4 as axis. In this point you have won. Japan has so many income AND starting trannies that they can make this and still send many troops to Asia and later to Africa (you should kill China round 1).

Building Pacific fleet is a must if you want have a chance. But even then, probably axis will have still economic advantage round 4. Of course, it will be lesser than if you don’t build Pacific fleet. Good luck playing allies in 1941 anyway.

1942 is another issue. I still think axis has a slim advantage, and Japan can still smash America if they suicide and ignore Japan. But I could be wrong and this scenario could be even balanced: China is killed round 3 to 5 instead 1, India IC can resist and being a pain to Japan because Japan starts only with 1 trannie, and finally Japan cannot kill so many USA ships as 1941

• Funcioneta,

Thank you for saying everything I would’ve said.   :-D

The only thing I can add is if you’re playing with Victory Cities, you (Allies) make it ridiculously easy for the Axis to win by abandoning the Pacific.

• Yup, it’s pretty standard for the Japan player to send transports into Africa along with neutering China. It’s too bad the Germans have generaly started to fall apart at this point (In the games I’ve played). Occasionaly Alaska goes too but I’ve yet too see a winning attack on America mainland.

So wait. Are you assuming I’m ignoring Japan or just not using them effectivly.

Question. Is it possible for Germany to still be a threat to Russia (or anyone) after turn four?

• Germany can be in quite good shape against Russia turn four as long as it prepares for it and doesn’t attack  Russia like a drunken Rhino.

• I’ve only played 2 games 41 setup and won both.would love to play more but noone out here plays the game.

• where’s ‘out here’?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m