• during a six player game i was playing as Russia on turn 6 Germany take The UK in an amphibious assault, Britain forfeits all of its IPCs. On The next turn during the noncombat move phase I move one of my factories and 3 inf. into persia using the mobile industry advantage, taking Persia in the process and now owning it.  On the US’s round they liberate Britain. The rules say that Britain should get Persia Back, but what happens to the factory?

• Official Q&A

You can’t take a territory from a friendly power that way.  If their capital is controlled by the enemy, you can take their territory only by capturing it from the enemy, not by simply moving into it.  In your example, since the UK still would own Persia, you could move your IC there, but you wouldn’t be able to use it because the territory doesn’t belong to you.

However, if you had captured Persia from the Axis while the UK capital was in Axis hands, you would own it and could move your IC there immediately.  You could also produce units there starting on the next turn after you captured the territory.  Assuming that were the case, if the UK were liberated, control of Persia would return to it immediately, along with control of the IC.

• thanks, its i hypothetical situation but it still confused me :-D

• Since we are on the topic of Russia’s moving IC’s if Russia wanted to move them West could they?

I understood this to be a defencive NO but could they use it to help them bring the war to Germany?

LT

• Official Q&A

They can move them anywhere they like, as long as no sea movement is involved and there isn’t already an IC there.  Of course, if they’re too close to the front lines they run the risk of being captured.  Bear in mind that an IC can only be used to produce units if the territory that it’s in was owned by the USSR at the beginning of the turn.

• @Krieghund:

They can move them anywhere they like, as long as no sea movement is involved and there isn’t already an IC there.  Of course, if they’re too close to the front lines they run the risk of being captured.  Bear in mind that an IC can only be used to produce units if the territory that it’s in was owned by the USSR at the beginning of the turn.

I was just thinking if Russia wanted to could they move there IC to Norway if they took it.  Then they would be some what sheltered from direct German assult and they would be aided by the UK.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m