• Ahoy,

I’ve got a question, I’m not sure this is the right place…but anyways.

Do you need to have some unit on an IPC territory to “control” it and thus have that number added to income at the end of turn?  Or can you vacate territories and not have your income value move down?

Also, on a similar note, if you are say playing as USA, and you move into mexcio, do you move up that IPC amount?  Or is it already in your IPC amount since it is green?

–Andy

• I perhaps wasn’t clear on my first question.  Think about the situation in Europe, if Germany vacated a bunch of troops from its central territories to the front, and have no units on those territories, do they still ‘control’ them for ipc income?

–Andy

• OK, so let’s say you owned Belorus. And you had 5 infantry there. Let’s say you wanted to move them to Eastern Europe because you needed them there more. So you move your inf. That territory you just vacated is STILL yours. It still has your German marker on it/is still grey territory. At the end of your turn you would collect the income for that territory. If you vacate a territory you own, you do not lose income.

As for your second example with the US, no you wouldn’t move up any income. Mexico is still yours. All your green territories are yours and you don’t need to have a man in every one. If you captured an Axis territory then your income would go up or if the Axis captured one of your IPC territories, then your income would go down.

Hope that helps.

• THat’s helpful indeed…many thanks!  We’ve been playing wrong for a couple of games now…haha.

If you are still around…another question regarding subs (hard to understand, from what I gather from other people also).

They fire during the opening fire step, casualties removed (if no destroyer is present, otherwise those casualties are just a part of the regular attack phase I think I’ve gathered that much), then subs don’t take part in combat after opening fire.  But then after that “first round of opening fire, attack, defense” and you continue to press the attack, are there subsequent “opening fire parts” or is just to “Attack, defense, attack, defense”?

• Subs opening fire ability occurs in every round of combat that a destroyer is not present.

• Official Q&A

Subs always fire in Opening Fire in every combat round, whether or not there is an enemy destroyer.  The presence of the enemy destroyer only affects when the casualties from sub fire are removed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m