Is Illinois really a dead zone?

• I live south of the chicagoland area (Lockport, Joliet, ect…) and it’s next to impossible to find someone to play. Is all of Illinois just a dead zone for stratigists? I read one “find” topic from IL, and it was just as bad…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

No, there are some players in Illinois, like myself.  It’s just easier for me to play online with a virtual board then to find a babysitter to watch the kids all day or invite guests to my house to have the kids knock the pieces off the board.

Just not convenient, you know?

BTW, I’m in Scumburg (Schaumburg)

• true. ah the goodness of youth. (I’m only 19)
    I like online only for the skill building. I hate playing competitive and normally social games online for entertainment, because you often lose the emotional impact of each game, the reactions, and the good times and conversations that would come when playing in person, you know?

• Well, fancy that! I’m located in NW Indiana, which pretty much qualifies as a suburb of Chicago. I know what you mean by trying to carve out some game time while attending to family obligations. I know a couple of itinerate 2nd Edition A&A players in the area, and I’m trying to recruit them to revised or AA50. Maybe one day we can put together a FTF. Call me an old head, but I prefer the dynamics of FTF play to the online version. Sadly, there just doesn’t seem to be enough players in circulation anymore.

If the Northern Illinois gang ever decides to put something together, give me a call.

Ogre

• I head up a group of about 6 players in NWI.

• @souL:

I head up a group of about 6 players in NWI.

Where do you get together and how often? Which version of A&A do you play?

• We play AA50 with a smattering of Pacific, Europe, and DDay in that order.  We either play at someone’s house, or our public meeting place is Tenth Planet comics (200 W Lincoln Hwy).  I’m currently laid off (big shock in NWI right?) so I’m free to play most days at this point.

• Well, that not too far away.  I haven’t played a lot of A&A, but I’ve got copies of AA50, BotB, AAR, and will soon add Pacific to my collection. Let me know next time your group is getting together, and maybe I can stop in. I’ve got family visiting this coming weekend, so that would probably not be a good time.

• @ogrebait:

Well, that not too far away.  I haven’t played a lot of A&A, but I’ve got copies of AA50, BotB, AAR, and will soon add Pacific to my collection. Let me know next time your group is getting together, and maybe I can stop in. I’ve got family visiting this coming weekend, so that would probably not be a good time.

I can travel a bit… we can meet halfway.  I’m interested in playing a game Thursday, let me know if there’s somewhere you’d rather game.

• Sent a PM…

@souL:

I head up a group of about 6 players in NWI.

NWI?

North Wisconsin?

or

North west Ill.?

• Local acronym

NWI = Northwest Indiana

Sometimes refered to as “The Region”

• @jace_beleren:

I live south of the chicagoland area (Lockport, Joliet, ect…) and it’s next to impossible to find someone to play. Is all of Illinois just a dead zone for stratigists? I read one “find” topic from IL, and it was just as bad…

I live in Homer Glen, so we’re practivally neighbors.

I am thinking about having a game day on Sunday, March 22rd

Interested in coming out and joining us?  Final number of players is yet to be determined, but I am sure new players are welcomed (after all it IS my house and board :)

• I live right in the middle of Chi-town baby, if anyone is interested in a game.

• @RogertheShrubber:

I live right in the middle of Chi-town baby, if anyone is interested in a game.

How’s the shrubbery business in the middle of the big city working out for you?  :-)

• Stiff economic strife like the rest of the ecomomy, but alas Spring is around the corner and my business sould be in full bloom!

• I know this may be short notice, but I’ll throw it out there anyways.

4 players from our gaming group in the S.W. Suburbs of Chicago are meeting Sunday, March 22nd around 9:30 am to play AA50.  Room for 2 more :)

Anyone interested, please PM me.

Thanks and good gaming!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m