Yeah I agree.

It would completely depend on the odds for Mos.  If a couple of boms will push you over great, but if Russia is so heavily involved in Asia and essentially has only a token defense of Inf only, you may only need your inf/rt/arm already in place.

My main point is I think it is a bad assumption to assume Germany will keep plowing through Asia and attempt to chase down the Allies.

Even if Germany doesn’t go Naval and goes land, they probably go through Persia and go after Afr or perhaps Ind (if an IC is there).

I do like the idea of going after Japan, but I think you need Moscow to stay in the game for longer than 4-5 turns.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

If Russia is going full bore after Japan in China, why would Germany follow?

Germany takes out Russia and the Eastern Block States (Ukraine, Belarus, etc).  Italy, free of interference, takes out Africa. (Russia’s already given up, so England and America are not going to be doing much to Italy, they’re going to be busy trying to annoy Germany.)

Meanwhile, Japan turtles.  I’d build an IC in Manchuria, maybe one in Kaisang as well.  No biggie if you lose these since no one but an Axis player can build there anyway! (ICs on Chinese land that is liberated goes to China but China does not build units!  Furthermore, since China has no capitol, you cannot lose the Chinese Capitol and liberate these for yourself!)  Basically, they’re tools you can use to help you resist Russia and England for a while and when they cannot be held any longer, just give them up.

Now you have a Germany with 70+ Income and Italy with 30+ Income.  Sure, Japan’s down to 8 Income maybe (I’ll give it to you that you are able to reduce Japan to only Japan by the time Italy has Brazil and all of Africa and Germany has Europe and half of Russia)

What now?

• all is pure speculation until its tried…I say: Mike give it a shot. I will try it the next chance I get. I like to mix it up and I am not afraid to lose a game. After all,no one will actually die. This isnt reality but plastic and cardboard.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’ve actually tried and pulled off Canadian Shield, so you know I’ll “try” this.  I’m just not holding my breath! (nor was I for Canadian shield, which, I must add, I went about slightly different then originally planned by the C-Sub groups.)

• This is some interesting discussion.  I have only had a chance to play a couple of games, but I still feel that loosing RUS early is a bad idea.  Unless you have already suppressed japan to it’s traditional home islands.  Which is a total US commitment and leaves the UK and RUS to take on Germany.  Italy has soo many cool ideas that it’s an unpredictable.

• If you do try this I wonder if Russia would be better off sending units to China due to its unique way of sprouting INF.  No reason that both Russia and China get taken out the production race.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m