• I have a question,how many planes can fit on an airfield?Is there a limmit?

• Official Q&A

Up to two planes can land on an airfield.

• Okay,But doesn’t the home base card for the US start with 5 bombers and fine fighters?how are they there with only one airfield?

• Official Q&A

The Base Cards have unlimited capacity.

• So if you deploy a carrier to a seazone right after purchase you can bring two fighters with it or do they need to be on the carrier before hand?

• @balancebjj:

So if you deploy a carrier to a seazone right after purchase you can bring two fighters with it or do they need to be on the carrier before hand?

They can be new or on the base from previous turns.

• Official Q&A

@balancebjj:

So if you deploy a carrier to a seazone right after purchase you can bring two fighters with it or do they need to be on the carrier before hand?

You can put fighters onto a carrier (or land units onto a transport) from your Base Card when you place it.  The fighters (or land units) are then deployed along with the ship.

• well that make things alot better

• I have a question considering the role of islands in movement. If your bombers and fighters are moving between islands do you consider the island a movement space? sorta flying over two sea zones then landing on the island? A bomber could make it but not the fighter.
    Also if the island is bisected by sea zone if you take off from the far airfield is that one zone or two before counting. Sorry that I am a slow learner or confused but I do enjoy playing the game.

thanks,

• Official Q&A

You use a movement point every time you cross a border between two zones, whether they be sea or island zones.  When you leave an island, you cross the border into the sea zone and use one movement point.  When you enter an island, you cross the border from the sea zone and use one movement point.  When you move from one sea zone to another, you use one movement point.  Conversely, if you don’t cross a border between zones, you don’t use a movement point.

Does this help?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m