• if bombers and fighters attack an airfield, can Battleship and Cruisers add their AA to defend the airfield

• '16

my interpretation of the rules is that BBs and CAs do not exert their influence into an adjacent island zone unless they are performing shore bombardment to ground units or airfields.

• @warrafael:

my interpretation of the rules is that BBs and CAs do not exert their influence into an adjacent island zone unless they are performing shore bombardment to ground units or airfields.

This is correct, although BBs and Cruisers do ‘exert their influence’ when determing control of the island.

Bombers over an island to attack either troops or the airfield are only fired on during attack air units by ground units on the island or other planes over the island.

• Thank you, that clears that concern……great game…

• I just bought AAGC I am having some trouble finding the rules about airfiled attacks.  Could someone shed some light on the subject for me.

Thanks,
    LT

• Official Q&A

They’re on page 16.  Basically, air and/or sea units attacking an island zone can decide to attack an enemy airfield instead of land units.  Add up the attack power of the units attacking the airfield and roll the dice.  Count up the total hits on those dice, ignoring the unit types hit.  For each two hits scored, damage one enemy airfield on the island.  Single hits have no effect.

• Sorry I don’t have the rule book in front of me if two hits damage an airfiled will four hits destroy it (then that player will have to rebuild?)

Thanks
    LT

• Official Q&A

No.  Airfields can’t be destroyed.  Four hits will damage two enemy airfields, if there are two on the island.  Excess hits are just wasted.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m