• i have been working on an idea for the use of an event card deck in the game,

at the beginning of a round, a player would draw a card from the event deck, could be a 100 card deck, with event’s ranging from, diplomacy card’s, oil supply shortage, i.e only half of the force’s attack from one of your territories , national uncertainty, a patriotism card that could get free infantry, spy card’s, and severe weather card’s

there would be about 10-15 event’s, and some non-event card’s

you should make these and post.

• yeah, it could take a few day’s,

when i am sure that they are balanced i can post them

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Look into the deck that comes from Fortress America (same game designer I believe).  You obviously can’t use EVERYTHING there, but it should give you some ideas.

Also, if you make some of the cards weaker in power than others, you can put more copies of them into the deck to balance out the power of some of the bigger ideas.

For instance, if you have a card that says “Recruiting exceeds Quotas this year: Add 1 Infantry to any territory you own” you could technically have 30 of them and not unbalance the deck.

• yeah thank’s, here are the card’s,

i did not make template’s for them yet, there are 145 card’s, 85 event’s, 60 non event’s,

event card deck.txt

• event card’s

severe winter ( russia, x 3, europe, x 1, china, x 1, canada, x 2, u.s. x 1, )

armor and artillery unit’s that attack a territory -1, infantry attack at half, 2 hit’s = 1 hit, fighter’s and bomber’s - 1, for one full round of play,

oil supply shortage ( x 5 )

unit’s move at -1, infantry and artillery, not affected, long range aircraft -2

spy card  ( x 9 )

you may hold this card for one full round, after an opponent makes their combat move you may move any number of your unit’s from one territory to any other within range
    at a cost of 1 i.p.c for every 5 unit’s

steel shortage ( x 5 )

you may spend no more than half of your i.p.c. on armor, sea unit’s, air unit’s, for this round,

national uncertainty ( x 10 )

roll 1 dice, spend that number of i.p.c.

blitz attack ( x 4 )

play this card on any round, you may conduct one round of un-contested combat in one territory that you attack

recruiting exceed’s quota  ( x  10 )

you may place up to 3 infantry at a cost of 1 i.p.c.

neutral diplomacy ( x 15 )

choose a neutral nation, roll 1 dice, 4-6 the neutral nation agree’s to give you half their i.p.c. value, rounded up, every round

high sea’s  ( x 15 )

place a token on the stated s.z. movement cost’s double into, out of, or through that s.z.

technological breakthrough ( x 4 )

roll 2 free tech dice

non event card’s  ( x 60 )

thats just 10 ideas… way too many copies of the same idea… dont you think people will get bored of the same idea coming up again and again???

Id have at least 40 unique ideas, before repeats.

• the point of these card’s are to add an element of random strategy and fortune, good or bad,
    with a deck of 40 different event card’s, and 40 different modifier’s, it could be difficult to keep track of each card and to remember the card’s that are in play,
    i do not plan to use any more than 15 different event card’s,

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

“Major Airlift” You may move one factory up to 2 spaces

“Holiday” all soldiers (infantry) defend on a 3 until your next turn

“President/Prime Minister Dies”  All infantry defend on a 1

“Minor Airlift”  If you have paratroopers, you may transport 1 infantry and 1 armor as per normal paratrooper rules, this card may be held

“Sand Storm” Any mechanized unit in the middle east is grounded (Egypt, Sudan, Jordan, Persia)  No air unit or mechanized unit may drive into or out of these zones

“Hurricane”  All ships in the Atlantic cannot move this turn

“Typhoon” All ships in the Pacific cannot move this turn

“Atomic Warhead”  Drop from bomber, half of all units in that territory are destroyed (this card can only be played once and is immediately removed from the deck until the next game once used.)  Your bomber is subject to AA Gun fire per normal rules.

• Well can we get some historical examples? I always admire ideas, but these are kinda generic (like they can be used also for an Iraq war) or “insert blank”

I will help you with graphics if you do a good job.

If everybody just posts like 10 great ideas, in 6 posts we could have something good.

• Germany
    Berlin
    Paris
    Warsaw

USSR
    Moscow
    Leningrad
    Stalingrad

Japan
    Tokyo
    Shanghai

UK
    London
    Ottawa
    Calcutta
    Hong Kong
    Sydney

Italy
    Rome

USA
    Washington
    San Francisco
    Manila
    Honolulu

now then… rank these cities for their value to national morale. Remember: the national morale of the nation that originally owns them.

• political leadership meeting

you may call a meeting of your allies to discuss strategy,

• @d142:

political leadership meeting

does this mean you normally dont get to talk to your allies

“National and Communist Chinese Alliance” number of Chinese infantry double"

“Islamic Revolt” Three German infantry are created in Trans-Jordan and in Persia. They immediatly attak Allied forces there

“D-Day” (still cant beleive this one has not already been said) you and one of your allies may attack one territoy togther

“Indian National Army” when the axis attack India, they may play this card to gain four infantry for the attack

“BlitzKrieg” after you conduct combat phase, you may make additional combat moves and conduct combat with tanks, fighters, and bombers, that still have movement left even if they have already paticipated in combat

“Italian Incompetence” all Italian units attack and defend with a -1 modifier for a whole round

“Soveit Incompetence” all Russian units attack and defend with a -1 modifier for a whole round

“Hitler assination attempt succeeds” (I dont know, what would happen?)

“Patriotic War” If one of you home territries is attacked you may immediatly place three infantry in that territroy

“Rail Movement” Reposition up to eight units in your next non combat phase

“Fast Warships” all you warships have a movenet of three for one turn / your cursiers and carriers have a movement of three for one turn( i dont know which)

How exactly will this card work? when will they be drawn and when do you get to play them? Are they secret? should you have to pay some IPCs to use them? and would their be multiple decks for diffrent types of cards you would draw for diffrent situations? maybe you should draw additional cards when you take victory cities or win major battles

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@d142:

political leadership meeting

does this mean you normally dont get to talk to your allies

no,

a private meeting, that would allow the player’s to discuss strategy, without the other team knowing what they are talking about,

• so then normally both sides would here what the other team was planning, I see

• @Imperious:

now then… rank these cities for their value to national morale. Remember: the national morale of the nation that originally owns them.

what would be the advantage/disadvantage, of morale,

i think that to determine the morale value of the cities, the value of morale point’s would have to be known

• The value of each side need to be equal, and the values needs to be a high of 6 ( only for DC, Washington) and a low of 1

with a total per nation that varies, but is more or less consistent with its starting IPC, SO even if the values for axis and allies are equal each nation has unique totals of national morale to start with.

Lastly, look over important military objectives and battles to focus fighting for morale in these points, but still dont go overboard. Capitals need to be important and ranked in each case 1/2 value of the IPC value of territory.

• every territory that you take, = 1/2 morale point, when you lose a territory, lose 1 morale point,
    every round that you keep a territory, = 1/2 morale point

• no fractions. make it easy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m